Biden confirms Russia used hypersonic missile in Ukraine: 'It's almost impossible to stop it'
Joe Bidensaid Russiaused a hypersonic missile over the weekend.
- "It's almost impossible to stop it," he said: "There's a reason they're using it."
Russia fired a hypersonic missile at
On Saturday, the Russian Ministry of
On Monday, a US official said the Pentagon had not been able to confirm that the launch took place, Politico reported. But speaking at a conference with business leaders later in the day, Biden did just that, arguing that Russia had done so because of the losses it faced at the hands of Ukrainian forces.
"They've just launched their hypersonic missile because it's the only thing they can get through with absolute certainty," Biden said. "As you all know, it's a consequential weapon but with the same warhead on it as any other launched missile. It doesn't make that much difference except it's almost impossible to stop it. There's a reason they're using it."
Because of their speed and trajectory, hypersonic weapons have the potential to be more damaging and harder to shoot down than conventional ballistic missiles.
But, as Biden noted, the missile that Russia fired is effectively a modified version of an older munition — and as Sandboxx News' Alex Hollings observed, more a marketing gimmick than a next-generation technology, albeit one that can fly at more than 3,836 mph and potentially send a message to adversaries about a willingness to escalate.
- Best weighing machine under ₹500
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 1.79 times on day 1
- As Sensex, Nifty50 hit record highs, this is what experts are advising investors
- FM concludes week-long consultation meetings for Budget 2023-24
- WhatsApp data of 500 million users might be on sale says Mashable India
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Germany Visa
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- Bank Loan
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World