Brian Laundrie, fiancé of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito, has also gone missing, attorney for the family says
- Gabby Petito's fiancé, Brian Laundrie, has been missing since Tuesday, police told CNN.
- The Laundrie family's attorney told local media that the whereabouts of his client, a person of interest in Petito's disappearance, are unknown.
- Earlier on Friday, law enforcement entered Laundrie's Florida home to speak with his family.
Brian Laundrie, the fiancé of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito, has also reportedly gone missing, according to the Laundrie family's lawyer.
North Port police spokesperson Josh Taylor told CNN's Chris Cuomo that Laundrie's family told police he's been missing since Tuesday.
"We've been trying all week to talk to his family, to talk to Brian, and now they've called us here on Friday, we've gone to the home, and they're saying now they have not seen their son," Taylor told Cuomo. "So we are working through those details as we speak. It is another twist in this story."
"Be advised that the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie are currently unknown," the Laundrie's attorney told local media.
The news comes hours after law enforcement entered Laundrie's parents' home to speak with his family after they invited authorities to the residence.
According to Laundrie's attorney, the FBI removed items from his parents' home on Friday in order to assist in the search for him.
Taylor told Cuomo police learned some information on the circumstances before Laundrie's disappearance but they're unable to release anything yet.
"We just want to get our ducks in a row a little bit. This has been a quickly developing situation in just the last hour for the most part. We're working through that. We want to make sure we're accurate with everything we are saying," Taylor said.
-Brian Entin (@BrianEntin) September 18, 2021
Taylor said the interaction on Friday was the first the police had with the Laundrie family.
He told Cuomo that it's possible Laundrie shared some details about what happened with his family.
"What the family knows, we need to know from them," Taylor said.
The Petito family attorney did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment, and the mailbox for the Laundrie family's lawyer was full.
North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison said Friday night that officers' conversation at the Laundrie home was complete.
"Once we have the details, a statement will be made," Garrison tweeted. "We ask for calm! Please let us work through this and information will be forthcoming."
-Chief Todd Garrison (@NPPDPoliceChief) September 18, 2021
Gabby Petito was reported missing on September 11, by her mother after she hadn't heard from Gabby since late August.
- Foreign investors have pulled out more money this year than they brought in between 2009-2021
- Cotton seed price rise is making life tough for dairy farmers who use it as cattle feed
- Maruti Suzuki, Zomato, Marico among stocks to watch out for on May 24
- Paradeep Phosphates IPO — how to check allotment status
- Aether Industries Limited IPO open today — check out other important dates
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction