Brian Sicknick's partner says she once supported Trump, but now views his failure to honor Capitol cops' heroism as 'unforgivable' and 'un-American'
- Sandra Garza, the former partner of late Capitol Police Officer
Brian Sicknickwrote an op-ed for CNN.
- Garza said that she used to support Trump, but now believes that Trump was a "mastermind" behind the riot.
- She also said Republican lawmakers who refuse to honor the heroism of Capitol cops are acting 'un-American.'
The former partner of Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, who died after responding to the January 6 insurrection, says she once supported President Donald Trump but now believes he was a "mastermind" behind the riot.
She also said that Trump's and other Republican's failure to honor those who responded to the riot was "un-American."
In an op-ed for CNN, Sandra Garza discussed her relationship with Sicknick and Trump's response to the Capitol riot.
"To know that some members of Congress - along with the former President, Donald Trump, who Brian and I once supported but who can only now be viewed as the mastermind of that horrible attack - are not acknowledging Brian's heroism that day is unforgivable and un-American," she wrote.
She added that police officers who responded to the scene and people who were injured in the riot are being "re-traumatized every time someone speaks untrue words to describe what happened on January 6."
- Redmi 13C 5G vs Redmi 12 5G – Battle of the budget Redmi smartphones
- Creating a search friendly resume – Here’s how to crack the ATS code
- Gold rush: Don’t recycle or book profits yet, another bull-run on the way say analysts
- Best kitchen vegetable stands in India
- Pencil maker Doms to kick off December IPO season, fixes price band at ₹750-790