Brian Sicknick's partner says she once supported Trump, but now views his failure to honor Capitol cops' heroism as 'unforgivable' and 'un-American'
- Sandra Garza, the former partner of late Capitol Police Officer
Brian Sicknickwrote an op-ed for CNN.
- Garza said that she used to support Trump, but now believes that Trump was a "mastermind" behind the riot.
- She also said Republican lawmakers who refuse to honor the heroism of Capitol cops are acting 'un-American.'
The former partner of Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, who died after responding to the January 6 insurrection, says she once supported President Donald Trump but now believes he was a "mastermind" behind the riot.
She also said that Trump's and other Republican's failure to honor those who responded to the riot was "un-American."
In an op-ed for CNN, Sandra Garza discussed her relationship with Sicknick and Trump's response to the Capitol riot.
"To know that some members of Congress - along with the former President, Donald Trump, who Brian and I once supported but who can only now be viewed as the mastermind of that horrible attack - are not acknowledging Brian's heroism that day is unforgivable and un-American," she wrote.
She added that police officers who responded to the scene and people who were injured in the riot are being "re-traumatized every time someone speaks untrue words to describe what happened on January 6."
- SpaceX has an ambitious target of 52 missions in 2022
- The gaming audience is in the right frame of mind to be receptive to advertising messages: Vaibhav Odhekar, POKKT
- All you need to know about the latest Tork Motors e-bikes — KRATOS and KRATOS-R
- Bharti Airtel gets a $1 billion boost from Google
- Bitcoin and altcoins witness relief rally even as Terra's LUNA continues to tumble