A busload of migrants — which included a 1-month-old baby — was dropped off near VP Kamala Harris' official residence by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott as he battles Democrats over immigration
- A busload of migrants were dropped off near VP Harris' official residence on Saturday morning.
- The migrants included women, men and children, according to reports, and were sent by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott.
A busload of migrants sent from Texas arrived near Vice President Kamala Harris' official residence on Saturday morning as GOP Gov. Greg Abbott continues to clash with President Joe Biden on border policies.
The bus, which was reportedly made up of migrants from Venezuela and Nicaragua, was dropped outside the Naval Observatory in DC, according to NBC News' Gary Grumbach and Fox News Digital. Women, children, and men, and a 1-month-old baby were on board, the outlet reported.
—Gary Grumbach (@GaryGrumbach) September 17, 2022
It's the latest dig from GOP officials who have criticized the Biden administration for efforts at the Southern US border. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis chartered planes to pick up a group of migrants from San Antonio, Texas, to Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts on Wednesday.
And Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, who started transporting migrants in April, announced that he dropped off more than 100 migrants at Harris' Northwest DC home, saying: "The Biden-Harris Administration continues ignoring and denying the historic crisis at our southern border, which has endangered and overwhelmed Texas communities for almost two years."
During an interview with VICE, the vice president slammed DeSantis and Abbott's actions, and said that "they're playing games, adding that "these are political stunts with real human beings who are fleeing harm."
As Insider previously reported, the migrants dropped off at Harris' home were sent to a nearby church.
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Ambati Rayudu announces retirement from IPL
- Data protection bill to drive deep behavioural changes for platforms exploiting data: Chandrasekhar
- MS Dhoni set to play 250th IPL match of his career
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden