A busload of migrants — which included a 1-month-old baby — was dropped off near VP Kamala Harris' official residence by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott as he battles Democrats over immigration
- A busload of migrants were dropped off near VP Harris' official residence on Saturday morning.
- The migrants included women, men and children, according to reports, and were sent by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott.
A busload of migrants sent from Texas arrived near Vice President Kamala Harris' official residence on Saturday morning as GOP Gov. Greg Abbott continues to clash with President Joe Biden on border policies.
The bus, which was reportedly made up of migrants from Venezuela and Nicaragua, was dropped outside the Naval Observatory in DC, according to NBC News' Gary Grumbach and Fox News Digital. Women, children, and men, and a 1-month-old baby were on board, the outlet reported.
—Gary Grumbach (@GaryGrumbach) September 17, 2022
It's the latest dig from GOP officials who have criticized the Biden administration for efforts at the Southern US border. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis chartered planes to pick up a group of migrants from San Antonio, Texas, to Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts on Wednesday.
And Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, who started transporting migrants in April, announced that he dropped off more than 100 migrants at Harris' Northwest DC home, saying: "The Biden-Harris Administration continues ignoring and denying the historic crisis at our southern border, which has endangered and overwhelmed Texas communities for almost two years."
During an interview with VICE, the vice president slammed DeSantis and Abbott's actions, and said that "they're playing games, adding that "these are political stunts with real human beings who are fleeing harm."
As Insider previously reported, the migrants dropped off at Harris' home were sent to a nearby church.
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16
- Global smartwatch shipments up 9% in Q3, Fire-Boltt & Huawei hit new highs: Report