Drone footage shows the horrific aftermath of a Russian attack on a town north of Kyiv
Dronefootage shows Russian forces attacked civilian infrastructure in Borodyanka, Ukraine.
- The town is located some 35 miles northwest of the capital, Kyiv.
Drone footage from a town north of Kyiv shows that Russian forces have attacked civilian infrastructure in Ukraine.
The footage, recorded by the
A resident of the town described a possible war crime, claiming a Russian armored personnel carrier and tank directly attacked civilians.
"They started shooting from their APC towards the park in front of the post office," the man told Reuters, testimony that could not be independently confirmed. "Then those bastards started the tank and started shooting into the supermarket which was already burned. It caught fire again. An old man ran outside like crazy, with big round eyes, and said 'give me a Molotov cocktail! I just set their APC on fire!'"
Locals claim to have repelled the Russian advance in the town.
In a speech on Thursday, Russian President Vladimir Putin appeared to offer a pretext for targeting civilian infrastructure, claiming Ukrainian forces were using civilians as "human shields."
According to Amnesty
At least 22 people were killed in one strike on Chernihiv, another town north of Kyiv, the Financial Times reported. Locals reported the indiscriminate use of cluster bomb munitions, another potential war crime.
Since the start of the war on Feb. 24, more than 2,000 civilians have been killed, according to Ukrainian authorities.
Have a news tip? Email this reporter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- List of Famous things to buy in Srinagar
- What you need to know when you exercise your stock option plan
- BGMI release date announced: Available to Android users for download starting today
- Gangubai Kathiawadi tops technical awards at 23rd IIFA's music-loaded opening
- About 27K employees lost jobs at Indian startups to date, over 8K this year