Elon Musk is now 3 times as rich as Warren Buffett and worth more than the GDP of his home country of South Africa
- Bloomberg estimated
TeslaCEO Elon Musk's net worth at $335 billion after Tesla's stock rose again.
- Tesla's stock has risen 65.6% this year, including an 8.5% gain on Monday.
Just days after Elon Musk became the first person to hit $300 billion in wealth, the Tesla CEO is now worth three times as much as the investing wizard Warren Buffett.
That's according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, which on Monday estimated the tech mogul's fortune at $335 billion after a $24 billion single-day gain. In comparison, the Berkshire Hathaway CEO Buffett was worth an estimated $104 billion.
As tracked by Bloomberg, Musk's net worth has soared by $165 billion this year. His gains Monday were driven by an 8.5% rise in Tesla's share price, Bloomberg first reported. The multibillionaire owned about 22.4% of the company at the start of the year.
Last week, a 13% leap in Tesla's stock price netted Musk $36 billion - the largest single-day surge Bloomberg had ever recorded - after
Musk, 50, now sits at a comfortable $142 billion above the world's second-richest man - Amazon's founder, Jeff Bezos, whose net worth Bloomberg puts at $193 billion.
Tesla's stock is up 65.6% this year, despite dips in March and May.
On Sunday, Musk tweeted that he was open to selling shares in the electric-car maker worth $6 billion to alleviate world hunger based on a plea from the director of the UN's World Food Programme.
- Amazon’s virtual assistant Alexa is down and facing issues responding to voice commands
- LG Anil Baijal allows private offices in Delhi to run with 50% staff
- You have been paying more for detergents, soaps over the last three months
- Spotify sees a dip in its share of Digital Service Provider market: Report
- Google reportedly working on AR headset, to launch in 2024