Elon Musk lost $50 billion in 2 days after Tesla shares plunged 16% - but he's still worth $82 billion more than Jeff Bezos
- Tesla CEO
Elon Muskis now worth $288 billion, according to the Bloomberg BillionairesIndex.
- Musk's $50 billion loss comes on the back of a 16% decline in Tesla's share price this week.
View all Offers
- 74% OFF
Amazon Brand - Solimo XXL Bean Bag Filled With Beans (Brown and Tan)₹ 1469₹ 6000Buy On
- 33% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 6 Inch Double Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (72 X 48 X 6 Inches)₹ 9059₹ 14999Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Darius Metal Sofa cum Bed (Grey)₹ 16739₹ 29000Buy On
- 45% OFF
Springtek Rollaway Foam and Wrought Iron Metal Folding Single Bed with 6-Inch Contemporary Premium Mattress, Lockable Wheels- (Black)₹ 11999₹ 21000Buy On
- 27% OFF
Nilkamal CHR2060 Polypropylene Chair Beige₹ 859₹ 910Buy On
It's only Wednesday, but Tesla CEO Elon Musk has already lost $50 billion this week after shares of Tesla tanked 16% in two days.
The massive losses come on the back of a string of headlines, including tweets from Musk himself and another tweet from a famed short-seller.
According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index in its latest update, Musk is worth $288 billion after the losses. The $50 billion lost marks the largest two-day decline in the history of the index, according to Bloomberg.
Tesla's share prices fell sharply this week after Musk asked his Twitter followers over the weekend if he should sell 10% of the stock he holds to pay taxes. The results were a resounding yes - causing Tesla share prices to fall as much as 7% on Monday.
Tesla's share prices came under additional pressure on Tuesday - falling as much as 12% - after famed short-seller Michael Burry suggested in a now-deleted tweet that Musk may want to sell his shares to cover his personal debts. Share prices were also hit by
Despite the sharp decline this week, Tesla shares are still up 40% year-to-date - and Musk is still the richest man on earth, leading second-wealthiest man
This article was amended to reflect updated figures from the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. An earlier version put Musk's net worth at $323 billion on Wednesday.
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best deals and offers on Apple iPhones, iPads, and more
- ‘Extreme fear’ is ruling the crypto markets — is this an opportunity or a warning sign for investors?
- El Salvador's president hits back on Twitter after rating agency Moody's issues warning over its bitcoin buying
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season
- EaseMyTrip launches a new campaign featuring Vijay Raaz and Varun Sharma to promote its full-refund medical policy
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on gaming laptops, accessories
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022