Facebook's internal research found its Instagram platform contributes to eating disorders and suicidal thoughts in teenage girls, whistleblower says
WhistleblowerFrances Haugen gathered internal documents from
- The company's own research says that
- Facebook bought the Instagram platform in 2012 for $1 billion.
Facebook's internal research found that Instagram, which it acquired in 2012 for $1 billion, makes
Haugen, a former product manager at Facebook, gathered internal documents as she grew frustrated by the company's prioritization of growth and user engagement over its negative impacts, The Wall Street Journal reported.
According to internal studies retrieved by Haugen, Facebook found that 13.5% of teen girls say Instagram makes thoughts of suicide worse, and 17% of teen girls say Instagram makes eating disorders worse.
"And what's super tragic is Facebook's own research says as these young women begin to consume this
Facebook's own research says that Instagram is "distinctly worse than other forms of
Facebook also issued a response to Haugen's "60 Minutes" interview: "It is not accurate that leaked internal research demonstrates Instagram is 'toxic' for teen girls. The research actually demonstrated that many teens we heard from feel that using Instagram helps them when they are struggling with the kinds of hard moments and issues teenagers have always faced. This research, like external research on these issues, found teens report having both positive and negative experiences with social media."
- Instagram rolls out a new logo, typography and more in visual refresh
- Top 256GB SD and microSD cards for cameras
- Basic laptops with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD storage suitable for students
- Kumar Mangalam Birla’s fashion empire raises ₹2,195 crore from Singapore’s sovereign fund
- Monkeypox spreading through sexual contact among men, but not a sexually transmitted infection: World Health Organisation
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction