Gory scenes as a huge load of bloody animal organs and guts spilled onto a highway following a truck collision
- A truck carrying 10 tons of animal intestines spilled its load on a highway in the Netherlands.
- Dashcam footage shows a wave of guts flying from the vehicle involved in a collision.
A truck crashed in the Netherlands and spilled part of its 10-ton, blood-soaked load of animal intestines onto the highway and other vehicles, Dutch authorities said.
Local news site Omroep Brabant reports that a truck broke suddenly and collided with another vehicle.
Dashcam footage from Jeroen Hendriksen posted to social media shows the wave of guts and gore flying from the vehicle as the collision happened on Thursday.
—JeroenH (@p911sc1978) March 16, 2023
Speaking Omroep Brabant, Hendriksen said that he didn't know what had hit his screen, but then his windshield wipers revealed the substance to be "blood and pieces of animal."
"It was a bit gross," he said, saying the smell was the worst part of the incident.
—George Monbiot (@GeorgeMonbiot) March 17, 2023
It is believed the truck was coming from a nearby slaughterhouse.
The A67 road, close to the city of Eindhoven, was closed for most of Thursday night due to a mass clean-up operation.
The road has now been reopened.
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- All 81 movies based on Marvel comics, ranked according to critics
- EY and Deloitte are scrutinizing staff workloads and quietly letting some workers go, report says
- EPFO adds a net 15.62 lakh members in Dec; 8.41 lakh new subscribers join workforce
- Zee Entertainment reaches out to Sony to revive terminated merger
- India's AI market to touch $17-billion by 2027: Nasscom-BCG report
- Worried about 'forever chemicals' in your water? Try electron-beaming it!
- Wetlands in the icy Arctic have begun releasing 9% more planet-warming methane in the past two decades: study