Half a dozen students at a German university had their limbs turn blue and police think someone may have poisoned a campus kitchen
- At least seven students and staff at Darmstadt Technical
Universityin Germanyfell ill after using a campus kitchen, policesay.
- Several of the students reported having their arms and legs turn blue.
- Police said that one student was briefly in critical condition, but has been stabilized.
German police are investigating a possible
At least seven students and staff at Darmstadt Technical University reported feeling nauseated and having their arms turn blue after using a kitchen in the school's Institute for Material Sciences on Monday, Hesse state police told The Guardian.
Six people were hospitalized in the incident, including one person whose condition was briefly considered life-threatening, police told The Guardian.
The local prosecutor in Darmstadt has "initiated proceedings on the initial suspicion of attempted murder," Hesse state police said in a press release on Tuesday.
Police said on Twitter that investigators found possible poisonous substances in food seized from the Institute for Material Sciences' kitchen.
In a press release on Monday, police said that "milk cartons and water containers" had been mixed with some kind of harmful substance.
Police said that there is no longer a risk for further poisonings.
- Ready to introduce same-day settlement of trades by March 2024: Sebi chief
- Grok AI chatbot to reach all English-language users in about a week: Musk
- What are the two climate declarations India has been hesitant to sign at COP28?
- This 400-million-year-old fossil is the oldest disease-causing fungus we've ever seen!
- 10 Best places to visit in India for New Year 2024