Most of the world’s youngest people, particularly Gen Zers, live in these countries
- Among the countries with the most GenZ population are Nigeria, Pakistan, India and Indonesia.
- According to the analysis, developing markets where most Gen Zers live have witnessed rapid growth, wealth accumulation and increasing consumption.
- According to the EY analysis of World Bank Population Projections and Estimates data for 2020, the next decade will be shaped by the maturation of Generation Z.
According to the EY analysis of World Bank Population Projections and Estimates data for 2020, while millennials rule the world right now, the next decade will be shaped by the maturation of Generation Z, the largest generational cohort in history.
GenZ is the newest generation and includes people born between 1995 and 2015 — and comprises 1.8 billion people, making up for almost a quarter of the global population.
“India stands out with a population that includes 375 million people — 27% of the total — in Gen Z. On the other extreme is Japan, where Gen Zers make up just 14% of the population,” said the report.
As we celebrate the International Youth Day on August 12, here’s a look at countries with the world’s youngest population —
According to the analysis, developing markets where most Gen Zers live have witnessed rapid growth, wealth accumulation and increasing consumption. Whereas, developed markets, where GenZ population is fewer than the older population experiences low growth and slower consumption.
|Countries||GenZ Population||Millenia||New Gen Population||Older Population|
Hence, developing countries like India envisions a better future for youth than developed countries like Japan or China.
“While millennials today are having their moment, the next decade will be shaped by the maturation of the largest generational cohort in history — Generation Z. This cohort of people between 10 and 24 years old comprises 1.8 billion people, making up 24% of the global population,” said the EY Analysis.
Trump was rushed from the briefing room by Secret Service after a shooting outside the White House
McKinsey, Facebook, Amazon, Nokia — and some other companies looking for a product manager right now
A WhatsApp message, six weeks of talks and a $300 million deal – how Karan Bajaj sold his less than 18-month old startup White Hat Jr to Byju’s
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk and Twitter CEO Parag Agarwal escaped questioning ahead of trial
- HAL's rocket engine manufacturing facility inaugurated in Karnataka
- Here’s why heart problems are rising among young Indians
- Indian markets take a breather after huge sell-off on Monday
- Oct 1 deadline for compulsory e-invoice generation nears for firms with ₹10 crore turnover
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World