Most of the world’s youngest people, particularly Gen Zers, live in these countries
- Among the countries with the most GenZ population are Nigeria, Pakistan, India and Indonesia.
- According to the analysis, developing markets where most Gen Zers live have witnessed rapid growth, wealth accumulation and increasing consumption.
- According to the EY analysis of World Bank Population Projections and Estimates data for 2020, the next decade will be shaped by the maturation of Generation Z.
According to the EY analysis of World Bank Population Projections and Estimates data for 2020, while millennials rule the world right now, the next decade will be shaped by the maturation of Generation Z, the largest generational cohort in history.
GenZ is the newest generation and includes people born between 1995 and 2015 — and comprises 1.8 billion people, making up for almost a quarter of the global population.
“India stands out with a population that includes 375 million people — 27% of the total — in Gen Z. On the other extreme is Japan, where Gen Zers make up just 14% of the population,” said the report.
As we celebrate the International Youth Day on August 12, here’s a look at countries with the world’s youngest population —
According to the analysis, developing markets where most Gen Zers live have witnessed rapid growth, wealth accumulation and increasing consumption. Whereas, developed markets, where GenZ population is fewer than the older population experiences low growth and slower consumption.
|Countries||GenZ Population||Millenia||New Gen Population||Older Population|
Hence, developing countries like India envisions a better future for youth than developed countries like Japan or China.
“While millennials today are having their moment, the next decade will be shaped by the maturation of the largest generational cohort in history — Generation Z. This cohort of people between 10 and 24 years old comprises 1.8 billion people, making up 24% of the global population,” said the EY Analysis.
Trump was rushed from the briefing room by Secret Service after a shooting outside the White House
McKinsey, Facebook, Amazon, Nokia — and some other companies looking for a product manager right now
A WhatsApp message, six weeks of talks and a $300 million deal – how Karan Bajaj sold his less than 18-month old startup White Hat Jr to Byju’s
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns