India, the US, and Brazil recorded more than half of the world's coronavirus cases on the same day the WHO announced a record number of cases
- The World Health Organization recorded the highest single-day
recordof new cases since the start of the pandemic.
- Over 308,000 new
coronaviruscases were reported on Sunday.
- India, the US, and Brazil accounted for almost 60% of those cases.
The World Health Organization recorded over 308,000 new coronavirus cases on Sunday, the highest throughout the entire pandemic.
The new record surpasses the last record of 306,857 new infections that were recorded on September 6, the BBC reported.
Three countries: India, the US, and Brazil accounted for over half of all cases. India recorded more than 94,300 cases, the US recorded over 45,500 cases, and Brazil recorded over 43,700 cases.
As of Monday, there have been almost 29 million infections reported to
The US and India now lead the world in a number of cases, with the US reaching more than 6.4 million cases and India with close to 4.9 million cases. More than 1,000 new deaths were also recorded in the two countries on Sunday.
While overall coronavirus cases across the US have been on the decline, many experts are still worried that regions of the country could experience spikes again as college campuses reopen.
The WHO also warned that other countries in Europe could soon see a rise in COVID-19 deaths as cases continue to surge there as well.
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Google to shut 3rd-party Notes, Lists integration on Assistant app
- TVS Motor hikes prices of EV scooter by ₹17,000 - ₹22,000
- Sebi to auction 17 properties of 7 business groups on Jun 28 to recover investors' money
- SUVs drive Mahindra & Mahindra’s 14% auto sales growth in May to 61,415 vehicles
- These are must to do activities in Auli on your next trip