Ma'Khia Bryant didn't make the 911 call that led to her death, her grandmother said, appearing to contradict earlier claims
Ma'Khia Bryantdid not make the 911 call that led to her death, according to a relative.
- Jeanene Hammonds told The Washington Post that the call came from Bryant's sister.
- Other members of Bryant's family previously said that she did make the call.
Ma'Khia Bryant did not make the 911 call that dispatched police the day that she was killed by an officer, her grandmother said.
Jeanene Hammonds told The Washington Post that the initial call about disruption in Bryant's foster home came from her younger sister, who was also being cared for there.
Officials in Columbus,
Bodycam video lasting only a few seconds showed Reardon arriving at the scene, Bryant running past him, Bryant swinging a knife at another girl, and Reardon shooting her dead.
Other members of the Bryant family have said that Ma'Khia made the call herself. Her mother, Paula Bryant, told local news station 10TV that "my daughter dispatched Columbus police for protection, not to be a homicide today."
An NPR report citing an interview with Ma'Khia's aunt, Hazel Bryant, also reported the claim that the call-out came from Ma'Khia herself.
Police released audio from the initial 911 call in which a female voice said someone was "trying to stab us," but the caller did not identify herself.
In a second call, a female voice gets through to dispatchers as Reardon arrived, and hangs up after seeing him. Her identity is also unclear.
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Elon Musk reportedly left OpenAI's board in 2018 after Sam Altman and other cofounders rejected his plan to run the company
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals and kitchen appliance maker Butterfly announce merger
- ICMR comes up with first ethical guidelines for application of AI in biomedical research, healthcare
- Measures taken by IIFCL to keep bad loans under check: Parliamentary panel
- Microsoft adds 'AI-generated stories' to its Bing search
- Housing sales up 14% annually in Jan-Mar to 1.13 lakh units across top 7 cities: Anarock