Meghan Markle did Prince Harry 'the greatest kindness' by taking him out of the royal family because he was 'desperately unhappy,' a new book claims
- A new book by British journalist Valentine Low details Meghan Markle's "greatest kindness."
- A royal insider told Low they knew Prince Harry was unhappy but didn't know how to fix it.
A courtier claims that Meghan Markle did her husband the "greatest kindness" by helping him exit the royal family, according to a new book.
The revelation is one of the latest bombshells from author Valentine Low's new book, "Courtiers: The Hidden Power Behind the Crown," which was released in the UK on Thursday. A courtier is, historically, a companion or advisor to members of the royal family. In Low's book, he interviewed courtiers to get an inside look into the British monarchy.
The Times of London's royal correspondent spoke to a source who claimed Prince Harry was "desperately unhappy" during his last years as a working royal.
"There is a part of me that thinks Meghan did Harry the greatest kindness anyone could do to him, which was to take him out of the royal family, because he was just desperately unhappy in the last couple of years in his working life," the royal insider told Low.
The unnamed royal courtier, who according to Low knows Harry personally, told the author they remain upset at the couple's decision but believes it was the best thing for Prince Harry's wellness.
"We knew he was unhappy, but we didn't really know what the solution would be. She came along and found the solution," the courtier said referring to Meghan, Low writes.
According to Low's book, Harry and Meghan's departure was not intended to be permanent. The couple initially considered moving overseas for a year before returning to their royal duties and researched possible relocations to South Africa, New Zealand, or Canada, according to the book. These plans, however, fell through due to a lack of "money and security," Low writes.
Prince Harry and Meghan decided to step back from their royal duties in January 2020. Since then, the couple moved to California with their son Archie and later welcomed their daughter Lilibet in June 2021.
In "Courtiers," Low also dives into Meghan's experiences with members of the royal family prior to and following the confirmation of her relationship with Prince Harry.
- Marine species including whales and dolphins under significant threat from noise pollution
- ITR filing: Your guide to Form 26AS and why you should check for TDS discrepancies
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Mount Abu
- Equity fund inflows plummet further in May but SIP contribution hits a high
- Almost 4 lakh diarrhoeal disease deaths can be averted if Jal Jeevan Mission meets target: WHO study