Reed Hastings to speak at the Business Insider Global Trends Festival
Business Insider Global Trends Festival
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Get your tickets now from BookMyShow.
Business Insider is proud to announce that
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUReed Hastings is the cofounder and co-CEO of Netflix, which serves 193 million people in 190 countries around the world. In 2000, the entertainment company had just 300,000 subscribers paying for access to movie rentals by mail.
Hastings grew up in Boston and served in the Peace Corps, a time that was formative to deciding to start a business, he has said in interviews and memoirs. In the early 1990s he founded Pure Software, which made products to troubleshoot software. Hastings left the company in 1997, the same year he started
Just a few months after the launch, Hastings and Randolph took a meeting with Jeff Bezos and were offered $15 million for the business. They declined. In April 2020, Netflix's market capitalization reached almost $200 billion.
According to Hastings, YouTube inspired Netflix to start offering movies online. Eventually the company moved into original programming like "House of Cards," "Orange is the New Black," "Sex Education," and other hit shows and movies.
Hear Hastings talk about the future of entertainment at the Business Insider Global Trends Festival. Get your tickets today.
- Portable multi-purpose laptop table
- Sikkim assembly passes budget for 2021-22
- The digital economy will thrive on customer connections and empowerment, says Adobe India's Nitin Singhal
- YES Bank launches a new musical logo to build a deeper connect with customers
- COVID-19: Students should leave hostels in Bengaluru if their institutions declare a holiday, says BBMP