Sebastian Thrun to speak at the Business Insider Global Trends Festival 2020
Business Insider Global Trends Festival
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Get your tickets now from BookMyShow.
Business Insider is proud to announce that
Thrun previously told Business Insider that when Google co-founder Larry Page first approached him about the self-driving cars project, he said it couldn't be done. But Page convinced him.
Only "18 months or so later, we had this car driving on pretty much every street in California," Thrun said.
Page and Thrun's working relationship extended to the flying car startup Kitty Hawk, for which Page provided funding and Thrun was the founding CEO.
Udacity, Thrun's current venture, is part of the MOOC (massive open online courses) era of online schools and was founded in 2011. In 2015, it was valued at $1 billion, Business Insider reported.
Hear Thrun discuss his many ventures at the
- OPINION: “I would bet on Novovax,” a doctor’s take on how to make the COVID-19 vaccine jabs more effective
- Aishwarya Pissay, a champion motorcyclist, describes what it takes to ace the circuit
- Mandatory 14-days quarantine for Delhi residents returning from Kumbh Mela, says Delhi Disaster Management Authority
- Check out the youngest players in IPL 2021
- JEE Mains entrance exam postponed amid surge in COVID-19 cases