Sebastian Thrun to speak at the Business Insider Global Trends Festival 2020
Business Insider Global Trends Festival
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Get your tickets now from BookMyShow.
Business Insider is proud to announce that
Thrun previously told Business Insider that when Google co-founder Larry Page first approached him about the self-driving cars project, he said it couldn't be done. But Page convinced him.
Only "18 months or so later, we had this car driving on pretty much every street in California," Thrun said.
Page and Thrun's working relationship extended to the flying car startup Kitty Hawk, for which Page provided funding and Thrun was the founding CEO.
Udacity, Thrun's current venture, is part of the MOOC (massive open online courses) era of online schools and was founded in 2011. In 2015, it was valued at $1 billion, Business Insider reported.
Hear Thrun discuss his many ventures at the
Buy tickets >>
Popular on BI
- Strong tremors jolt Delhi-NCR, other parts of north India; no immediate loss of life or property reported
- At least 9 dead as powerful 6.8 magnitude earthquake jolts Pakistan
- India may require 31,000 pilots in next 20 years: Boeing
- Unlike global economy, India would not slow down: RBI article
- Tier-1 cities’ home sales is 2x of what it’s in tier-2 cities: PropEquity