Sebastian Thrun to speak at the Business Insider Global Trends Festival 2020
Business Insider Global Trends Festival
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Get your tickets now from BookMyShow.
Business Insider is proud to announce that
Thrun previously told Business Insider that when Google co-founder Larry Page first approached him about the self-driving cars project, he said it couldn't be done. But Page convinced him.
Only "18 months or so later, we had this car driving on pretty much every street in California," Thrun said.
Page and Thrun's working relationship extended to the flying car startup Kitty Hawk, for which Page provided funding and Thrun was the founding CEO.
Udacity, Thrun's current venture, is part of the MOOC (massive open online courses) era of online schools and was founded in 2011. In 2015, it was valued at $1 billion, Business Insider reported.
Hear Thrun discuss his many ventures at the
Popular on BI
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma gets nearly half of new shares as Paytm doubles its ESOP pool ahead of IPO
- Reliance Jio powers ahead of its competitors as India’s broadband connections go past 800 million
- RCB vs CSK: Virat Kohli, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ruturaj Gaikwad and Deepak Chahar will be key players to watch
- The crypto market is struggling to break above the $2 trillion mark
- Ministry of Women and Child Development and Akshara Centre launch a new ad that urges the audience to report child marriages at 1098