Texas woman quits her job on the first day of work after a robber nearly stabbed her in the neck: 'I could've died'
- A surveillance video shows a man assaulting convenience store worker Alejandra Almaguer on November 19.
- The man jumped over the counter and pulled a knife on Almaguer, according to ABC13.
A Texas woman reportedly quit her job as a convenience store clerk after a robber attempted to stab her on her first day of work.
Video surveillance posted to Facebook on December 1st by the Houston Police Department showed the robber entering a convenience store on the morning of November 19, initially walking around and acting like a regular customer.
The robber then jumped over the counter to assault Alejandra Almaguer, knocking her over on the floor.
Almaguer told local news outlet ABC13 that she felt helpless and terrified, adding that the robber pulled a knife out to go for her neck during the struggle.
"Since I was holding on to his arm, he didn't get to stab me. So I was holding on to his arm, and he starts punching me," Almaguer told ABC13.
According to the news outlet, the robber stopped assaulting Almaguer after a customer walked into the store, witnessed the act, and told the robber to stop while calling the police.
Houston police told the outlet that the man grabbed a bag of cupcakes and fled the store.
According to local news outlet ABC13, this was Almaguer's first and last night, she quit immediately after the assault.
"While I'm in the ambulance, that's when I break. And I'm like, 'I could've died. Something could've happened to me," Almaguer told the news outlet.
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India 2023
- Desk-bombing, monk mode & other emerging trends at the workplace
- Crypto exchange Binance temporarily suspends all spot trading
- Samsung unveils Galaxy F14 5G with 6000 mAh battery in India
- Haircut on cases resolved through IBC not very encouraging, says Kotak report