The 10 best deals from REI's Gear Up and Get Out Sale - running now through November 25
- Now through November 25, you can save up to 50% on outdoors gear and apparel at REI during the retailer's Gear Up and Get Out sale.
- REI Co-Op members can take 20% off one full-price item that isn't on sale and an extra 20% off one REI Outlet item with the code GEARUP2019.
- This sale also includes free shipping on orders of $50 or more.
In lieu of, or adjacent to Black Friday (however you want to view it), REI is running its annual Gear Up and Get Out sale now through November 25. REI hardly ever has sales, so despite where you stand on the matter of consumerism and Black Friday, you can probably save a good chunk of change on at least something you'll want or need in the coming year anyway. Why not join the masses from the (relative) safety of your home and computer screen?
The retailer is running deals on everything from skis and snowboards to camping and climbing gear to outdoor clothing. You can expect deals of up to 50% off and free shipping on orders of $50 or more.
If there's something you're looking for that's not on sale right now, REI Co-Op members can also get 20% off one full-price item that isn't on sale and an extra 20% off one REI Outlet item with the code GEARUP2019 during Gear Up and Get Out.
The best deals from REI's Gear Up and Get Out sale
- Up to 30% off Patagonia clothing, jackets, and more
- Up to 30% off Smartwool base layers, hats, gloves, and more
- Buy one get one free on Nalgene bottles $10.95 (originally $10.95 each) [You save $10.95]
- Up to 33% off select Garmin GPS watches (and handhelds)
- Save 20% on Smith ski goggles and helmets
- REI Co-op Base Camp 4 Tent, $271.99 (originally $389) [You save $117.01]
- Save 25% on all Swiss Army Knives
- REI Co-op Men's Wallace Lake Down Shirt Jac, $63.99 (you save $65.01) [originally $129]
- Up to 65% off REI "Peak Deals" items
- Save up to 75% on select United By Blue clothing, apparel, and gear
How we selected the best deals at REI:
- We only chose products that meet our high standard of coverage, and that we've either used ourselves or researched carefully.
- All deals are at least 20% off, with the occasional exception for products that are rarely discounted or provide an outsized value.
Why we selected these particular deals:
Patagonia stuff is, by and large, not cheap. 30% off puts the brand's top-notch outerwear that much more within reach, making it an exceptionally good time to buy it.
Smartwool is great in all seasons, but it really shines in winter, during ski season, which is often when we're stuck paying full price. This is a great time to stock up on the brand's merino wool products before heading out onto the slopes this year.
3. Buy one get one free on Nalgene bottles $10.95 (originally $10.95 each) [You save $10.95]
We could all stand to have an extra reusable water bottle lying around, and, probably two for that matter. Being unbreakable, Nalgene is a favorite, and a twofer always comes in handy if you're buying stocking stuffers or party favors.
Garmin is a leader in the GPS realm and makes some of the most user-friendly handheld devices around. The brand also offers some great GPS watches for hikers and runners, and you can save well over $100 on select models.
In 1965, Dr. Bob Smith brought to life the first prototype of the modern-day ski goggle. The brand as remained at the forefront of the technology ever since. As with any, Smith's goggles can run upwards of $200, so saving 20% is substantial.
6. REI Co-op Base Camp 4 Tent, $271.99 (originally $389) [You save $117.01]
REI Co-op's Base Camp tents aren't the lightest, but they're built well and much more affordable than others. Shave off an extra $100+? That's a steal.
There's always room for a Swiss Army Knife, be it on a keychain, in a toolbox, or a pocketbook. Another item we don't see on sale all that much, this is a deal worth jumping on for most anyone on your list (over a certain age, at least).
8. REI Co-op Wallace Lake Down Shirt Jac - Men's, $63.99 (originally $129) [you save $65.01]
Shirt Jacs, Shackets, or Work Shirts, are all the rage of late, but for good reason. And while most of them are brushed cotton or flannel, this one is made with a light (but formidable) filling of down, and at its sale price is far less than most quality Shirt Jacs on the market.
REI Peak Deals is a roundup of the retailer's best deals at any given moment and all of which are exclusively at least 50% off. REI-Co-op is healthily covered here, but you'll see tents from Kelty, ski goggles from Spy, and eventually (we predict) more.
United By Blue makes our favorite winter socks using Bison down, which is also used in its puffer vests and jackets. The brand also pulls one pound of plastic trash out of our waterways for every product it sells.
Shop REI deals by category:
- Peak Deals on select items: 50% off (or more)
- Select camping gear from REI, NEMO, Osprey, and more: Up to 30% off
- Women's deals on prAna, Mountain Hardware, Columbia, and more
- Men's deals on Arc'teryx, KUHL, REI Co-op, and more
- Deals on packs and bags: Up to 30% off packs and luggage
- Save on selected footwear from Salomon, Oboz, Kodiak, Sorel, and more: Up to 25% off
- Snow gear from Patagonia, Black Diamond, Smith, and more: Up to 20% off
- Save on car racks and roof boxes from Thule, Yakima, and more: Up to 20% off
- REI Co-op brand: Save up to 30% (and on occasions more)
REI return policy
If you're not happy with your purchase, you can return new products within 90 days of purchase and used gear within 30 days of purchase. You will, however, be responsible for shipping and handling. We recommend bringing returns to a store if there's one nearby.
Read about upcoming Black Friday sales and deals:
- The absolute best Black Friday deals of 2019
- The best mattress deals of Black Friday 2019
- The best tech deals of Black Friday 2019
- Amazon Black Friday deals 2019
- Kohl's Black Friday deals 2019
- Target Black Friday deals 2019
- Walmart Black Friday deals 2019
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine
- Centre's fiscal deficit at Aug-end touches 36% of full-year target: CGA
- Domestic occupiers keep office space demand high in 2023
- Nifty, Sensex bounce back on Friday but experts see resistance at higher levels
- Temperature's Toll: Hospitals see a surge in drug and alcohol abuse-related visits on hotter nights, study reveals