The amount of data Elon Musk would have access to if he privatized Twitter 'cannot be compared to anything that has ever existed': report
- Researcher said that one person controlling
datacollection means the social-media industry holds sway over real-world events.
The former professor and author of "The Age of Surveillance Capitalism," Shoshana Zuboff, said huge ad revenue and unregulated data collection about user behavior have changed the social-media industry, which now holds incredible sway over real-world events.
Putting that power in the hands of a single person, she said, would be "incompatible with democracy."
"There are simply no checks and balances from any internal or external force," Zuboff told The Washington Post.
Should Musk take ownership of Twitter, the
"This is a disaster, and it's not only about Elon Musk, but he kind of puts it on steroids," Zuboff told The Post.
- Samsung launches Galaxy S23, S23 Plus and S23 Ultra - All you need to know about the new flagship phones
- First Impressions: Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra bet big on photography and gaming
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- Budget Impact: 10 stocks that stand to gain from FM’s announcements
- Budget to boost confidence of global investors and rating agencies on the India story