The House GOP appears to have mistakenly tweeted 'this is heresy' in response to the latest January 6 hearing when it meant to say 'hearsay'
- The House GOP tweeted, "This is all heresy," in response to the
January 6panel's Thursday hearing.
- The post came 45 minutes into the session while Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony was being played.
The House GOP's Twitter account appeared to tweet, then delete a response to the January 6 panel's eighth public hearing.
In a now-deleted tweet posted at 8.45 p.m. on Thursday — 45 minutes into the hearing — the House GOP's official Twitter account posted a message reading: "This is all heresy."
The message was posted during a segment of the hearing covering former Trump White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson's recorded deposition.
During the testimony, Hutchinson spoke about how her office had received information on January 6, 2021, about the mob at the Capitol chanting that they wanted to hang then Vice President Mike Pence.
The tweet was left up for nearly 45 minutes before it was deleted. The GOP then tweeted another message that read: "All hearsay."
A representative for the GOP did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Insider.
The House GOP's Twitter account on Thursday also tweeted and deleted an apparent attack on Sarah Matthews, a former Trump White House deputy press secretary, labeling her a "liar" and a "pawn" of Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
Matthews, who testified before the January 6 panel, is still a GOP staffer on the House GOP's climate crisis committee.
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts
- Tata Motors to hike commercial vehicle prices by up to 3% from Jan 1
- Musk to make 'Grok' more politically neutral after it shows similar views as ChatGPT
- Royal Bengal Tiger spotted in Sikkim at an altitude of above 3,500 metre
- FPIs invest Rs 26,505-crore in Indian equities in December