The most powerful countries on earth in 2020, ranked
JOHN MACDOUGALL/AFP via Getty Images
- US News and World Report ranked countries to determine which ones are the most powerful.
- The US stays in first place this year, but other countries have changed positions amid rising global instability and political changes.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUThe rankings, published by US News and World Report, look at how the influence of a nation, as well as its political, economic, and military power. The rankings are part of its annual "Best Countries" study, which evaluates 80 countries based on responses from 21,000 people.
AdvertisementThese are the world's 25 most powerful nations, according to the 2020 rankings:
21. The Netherlands
11. United Arab Emirates
10. Saudi Arabia
9. South Korea
5. United Kingdom
1. United States
- Legendary Indian sprinter Milkha Singh to be cremated with state honours in Chandigarh
- Father’s Day 2021 -- here is a list of some memorable quotes and greetings
- Weekly crypto roundup: Burry’s crypto crash prediction, rapper Raftaar accepting crypto, crypto mining migration, and more
- Fully automatic washing machine for small family
- Best webcams for computer video conferencing