The terrifying moment a Russian missile struck the building a Ukrainian blogger in Kharkiv was standing beside as he filmed a video for Instagram
- A Ukrainian blogger's video was interrupted by a missile striking overhead in Kharkiv.
- In the video posted on Instagram, Nikita Demenkov runs for his life as debris rains down around him.
An airstrike hit a building in Ukraine's second-largest city of Kharkiv while a blogger filmed a video for Instagram.
The video, posted on Instagram on Wednesday, 2 March, shows Nikita Demenkov speaking to the camera about how donations sent by his followers had been used.
About 14 seconds into the video, a droning sound can be heard overhead. Demenkov looks up to the sky and instantly the building he is standing in front of, is struck by a missile.
Demenkov can be seen ducking as debris rains down around him, and the blogger runs to take cover in a basement nearby.
Following Russia's military invasion of Ukraine last week, missiles have rained down across the country.
The predominantly Russian-speaking city Kharkiv, home to roughly 1.4 million people, has endured heavy shelling and missile attacks.
Explosions have struck Constitution Square, one of the city's central squares, as well as a regional police department and a university, Sky News reported.
- EC ropes in banks, post offices to spread voter awareness ahead of LS polls
- Experts suggest regulatory reassessment to boost fintech sector and ease compliance burden
- SUVs to drive passenger vehicle volume 5-7% next financial year: Crisil
- M&A deal value in India drops 27% in 2023 says Deloitte report
- Ola founder Bhavish Aggarwal launches India's AI chatbot 'Krutrim AI'