Top Stories this AM: Yang fails the subway test; Credit Suisse returns to the office; Elon Musk moves Bitcoin - again
Good morning and welcome to your weekday morning roundup of the top stories you need to know.
For more daily and weekly briefings, sign up for our newsletters here.
What's going on today:
- And his favorite New York pizza is Sbarro's, probably: Andrew Yang was ridiculed after he said Times Square is his favorite NYC subway station. Yang's answer during an interview with Ziwe Fumudoh prompted jokes from New York's residents, who said no "real New Yorker" likes Times Square.
- "Don't do this. They will kill me": Belarusian journalist Roman Protasevich reportedly pleaded for his life with crew before being detained in Minsk. According to eyewitnesses, a flight attendant cited "legal agreements" as the reason the plane had to land.
- Former Trump lawyer Don McGahn will likely testify in front of the House Judiciary Committee next week - but it'll be behind closed doors. Court filings specify that McGahn's testimony will specifically cover the former president's attempts to intervene in the Mueller Russia investigation. McGahn's testimony hinged on whether or not former President Donald Trump decided to intervene in the form of a lawsuit.
- Credit Suisse just told its New York bankers to come back to the office from June 14 as more on Wall Street prepare for a summer return. Credit Suisse's New York staffers will return in two stages. Vaccinated folks are due back from mid-June, while the rest are due after Labor Day.
- Elon Musk moves Bitcoin back up. Musk met with Bitcoin miners to discuss how to make cryptocurrency more environmentally friendly and the price shot up after he called the reforms "potentially promising." The discussion, hosted by MicroStrategy CEO Michael Saylor, covered standards for the industry's energy reporting and ESG goals.
That's all for now. See you tomorrow.
- Twitter's former leaders including Parag Agrawal sue Elon Musk for $128 mn
- Apple introduces new MacBook Air laptop with M3 chip
- Mukka Proteins IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Know what are the 7 signs and symptoms of high cholesterol in your body
- Tata Motors to demerge biz into two separate listed companies