Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey donates $10 million to Ibram X. Kendi's center on antiracism at Boston University
Michael A. McCoy/For The Washington Post via Getty Images
- On Thursday,
Jack Dorseyannounced via tweet a $10 million donation to Boston University's Center for Antiracist Research, which was founded by best-selling author and thought leader Ibram X Kendi.
- Dorsey made the gift through his charitable initiative, Start Small.
- Kendi replied via Twitter thanking Dorsey and noting that the gift came "with no string attached."
- The antiracist thought leader also tweeted: "Racism is a juggernaut.
Racistpolicies + ideas are ubiquitous. We need juggernauts combating racism. We need the ubiquity of antiracist research, policy innovation, narrative change, and activism. Thanks @Jack for supporting the @AntiracismCtr + so many racial justice orgs."
- Currently, the Center for Antiracist Research is investigating COVID-19's disproportionate impact on BlPOC individuals (Black, Indigenous, people of color).
- Kendi, author of "How to Be an Antiracist," "Stamped From the Beginning," and others, founded the center in July 2020.
Popular on BI
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors
- Asian Paints' non-executive director Ashwin Dani passes away
- Mapping Zealandia: Scientists chart the tectonic secrets of Earth’s sunken 8th continent
- World Heart Day: Nourish your heart with heart-healthy foods and practical tips