Video shows Nancy Pelosi on January 6 talking to Mike Pence, who was still in a garage under the Capitol: 'Don't let anybody know where you are'
- A video released by the House panel investigating the Capitol riot shows Pelosi talking to Pence.
- During their call, Pelosi told Pence she worried about him still remaining in the Capitol building.
A video newly released by the House panel investigating the Capitol riot shows the camaraderie between Speaker Nancy Pelosi and former Vice President Mike Pence as they tried to figure out what to do on January 6, 2021.
The video, which CNN obtained exclusively from the January 6 select committee, shows Pelosi getting on a call with Pence from a secure location in which she and other lawmakers were being kept during the riot. Pence, meanwhile, was being held in a garage under the Capitol.
"How are you? Oh my goodness, where are you? God Bless you," Pelosi can be heard telling Pence in the video, reassuring him that he was "very safe."
During the call, Pelosi told Pence that she was told it "could take days to clear the Capitol" but that there were places the House and Senate could meet to certify the 2020 election.
"I worry about you being in that Capitol building," Pelosi told Pence. "Don't let anybody know where you are."
—January 6th Committee (@January6thCmte) October 13, 2022
Pence was, per The New York Times, under immense pressure from Trump to help him overturn the election. Trump, for one, said at his Ellipse rally on January 6, 2021, that he wanted Pence to "do the right thing" and have "courage."
Sources with knowledge of the matter told Politico that Trump later expressed to aides that he was agreeable to the idea that Pence should be hanged.
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley
- Reserve Bank asks NPCI to help continue operations of Paytm app
- Top 10 places to visit in Andhra Pradesh