Video shows Nancy Pelosi on January 6 talking to Mike Pence, who was still in a garage under the Capitol: 'Don't let anybody know where you are'
- A video released by the House panel investigating the Capitol riot shows Pelosi talking to Pence.
- During their call, Pelosi told Pence she worried about him still remaining in the Capitol building.
A video newly released by the House panel investigating the Capitol riot shows the camaraderie between Speaker Nancy Pelosi and former Vice President Mike Pence as they tried to figure out what to do on January 6, 2021.
The video, which CNN obtained exclusively from the January 6 select committee, shows Pelosi getting on a call with Pence from a secure location in which she and other lawmakers were being kept during the riot. Pence, meanwhile, was being held in a garage under the Capitol.
"How are you? Oh my goodness, where are you? God Bless you," Pelosi can be heard telling Pence in the video, reassuring him that he was "very safe."
During the call, Pelosi told Pence that she was told it "could take days to clear the Capitol" but that there were places the House and Senate could meet to certify the 2020 election.
"I worry about you being in that Capitol building," Pelosi told Pence. "Don't let anybody know where you are."
—January 6th Committee (@January6thCmte) October 13, 2022
Pence was, per The New York Times, under immense pressure from Trump to help him overturn the election. Trump, for one, said at his Ellipse rally on January 6, 2021, that he wanted Pence to "do the right thing" and have "courage."
Protesters were seen chanting "hang Mike Pence" during the riot that started after Trump's speech. Pence, his wife, and their daughter narrowly managed to avoid rioters who were storming the Capitol.
Sources with knowledge of the matter told Politico that Trump later expressed to aides that he was agreeable to the idea that Pence should be hanged.
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Top 5 places to visit in Darjeeling
- Delhi Metro launches WhatsApp-based ticketing service on Airport Line
- Fintech unicorn Taxfix lays off 120 employees to cut costs
- Not found sufficient evidence to arrest Brij Bhushan: Delhi Police
- Best Agrolife's Revenue Crosses ₹1,700 Cr., EBITDA Margin Reaches 18%, and 30% Dividend Recommended in FY23