You can book a penthouse suite at the boutique Henry Norman Hotel in Greenpoint, Brooklyn for less than some entry-level rooms in Manhattan - here's why it's such a great value
- A converted 19th-century warehouse in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, the Henry Norman Hotel offers bright, spacious rooms at a great value, and a wonderful opportunity to explore another corner of New York.
- Though the Henry Norman offers no on-site dining, a complimentary shuttle transports guests anywhere within a mile of the hotel - something I repeatedly took advantage of.
- I stayed in a Penthouse Loft Suite with Roof Deck, which starts at a very reasonable $299 a night. Similar rooms in nearby Williamsburg would easily cost over $800 per night. Alternatively, Standard Studio Loft rooms start at $169 a night, but I think the better value is a larger suite room.
- Read all Insider Picks hotel reviews here.
I stayed in a Penthouse Loft Suite with Roof Deck, which is one of the hotel's top-tier rooms with a kitchenette, seating area, and gorgeous skyline views. It was comped for review purposes, but starts at the shockingly low price of $299 per night, rising to a still-respectable $429 in higher seasons. For so much space, including a fold-out couch and room for an additional roll away bed, it's an outstanding value for families, or anyone looking to maximize their hotel experience at a reasonable price point.Standard rooms, called Studio Lofts, run from $169 to $299 per night and still offer significant space, but with such accessible starting prices for the penthouse room or even a mid-tier suite, it's a rare opportunity to splurge while still adhering to a budget.
Though, there is a slight trade off. Greenpoint, while a true neighborhood gem, is somewhat isolated with only one subway line that does not provide direct service to Manhattan. Those looking to cross the river regularly may find themselves reliant on cabs.That said, Greenpoint is one of my favorite neighborhoods in all of New York with its myriad thrift stores, bars, restaurants, and deeply Polish influence. With large, well-priced suites, and so much to discover within walking distance, you may rethink that Manhattan venture, anyway.
- The first impression
- The room
- On-site amenities
- What's nearby
- What others say
- What you need to know
- The bottom line
- Book the Henry Norman Hotel starting at $169 per night
Keep reading to see why I was so impressed by the Henry Norman Hotel in Brooklyn.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings
- Poaching doubled during the lockdown in India due to the 'three F's', and these are the animals most under threat
- Android 12 Developer Preview 3: All the upcoming user-facing features revealed
- These are the hottest fintech and crypto jobs in India right now