Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- Crypto.com auctioned 10,000 ‘Loaded Lion’-themed NFTs earlier this week at $200 each.
- Three days later, some of coveted ‘Loaded Lion’ avatars are attracting offers upwards of $1 million — a five-fold jump in value.
- However, there are other NFTs within the collection that aren’t even attracting bids high enough to break even.
Loaded Lion #1953 , the mountain climber, received a bid for $1.3 million. However, it was rejected by the owner who has increased the base price of the bids to $2 million.
Loaded Lion #1969 — dubbed The Mars astronaut wearing the
Owners of other items in the same collection seem to have drawn courage and have listed their lions for millions of dollars, with Lion #10000 asking for $100 million or more. However, it remains uncertain whether or not they will get their wish. Bids for most items in the collection have not exceeded $10,000 on average.
Moreover, there are NFT lions listed at relatively low prices not even receiving bids for the full $200 that the initial owner had paid for them.
The symbiotic relationship between cryptocurrencies and the NFTs they back
The trajectory of the Crypto.com (CRO) currency is even more interesting than the money minted for their owners by the Loaded Lion NFTs this week. Between July and November, the CRO’s value rose for various reasons, including the fact of a market-wide bull run seen by all cryptocurrencies.
However, the wider crypto market saw a dip from November 10 onward, which the CRO seems to have escaped. Come this week, CRO actually saw a substantial rise on November 23, the day when 10,000 Loaded Lions were launched.
Thanks so much for your patience today, we had overwhelming demand! Loaded Lions haveSOLD OUT Congratulations to all the lucky collectors.— Crypto.com NFT (@cryptocomnft) 1637691817000
Because their NFTs were created on the CRO chain, which runs on top of the Ethereum blockchain, buyers had to pay for them denominated in the CRO currency resulting in higher demand for the token . The three days after the launch, there has been a cumulative 15% drop in the exchange value of the cryptocurrency. Notably, the largest Indian cryptocurrency exchanges such as CoinSwitch, WazirX and ZebPay do not offer the CRO currency for trade yet.
What is non fungible token - everything you need to know about NFTs
Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million - the most expensive in Yacht Club collection so far
Crypto sports sponsorships are heating up with multi-million dollar deals
Popular on BI
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- Internship at Bureau of Police Research & Development: Checkout all the details including last date, eligibility and stipend
- One of the largest cryptocurrency swapping platforms just lost $1.3 million as users failed to update approvals
- Reliance Industries, Vodafone Idea, Axis Bank, Deepak Nitrite and other hot stocks on January 24
- Fortune oil maker Adani Wilmar is looking to acquire southern players in edible oil, FMCG industry
- After 10-minute grocery delivery, a 15-minute ambulance service grabs investor interest
- Decentralised file sharing, movie streaming, and much more — these are top five Web3 cryptocurrencies to keep an eye on in 2022
- This Indian couple plans to get married in a Hogwarts-themed metaverse to beat the pandemic's restrictions