Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- Crypto.com auctioned 10,000 ‘Loaded Lion’-themed NFTs earlier this week at $200 each.
- Three days later, some of coveted ‘Loaded Lion’ avatars are attracting offers upwards of $1 million — a five-fold jump in value.
- However, there are other NFTs within the collection that aren’t even attracting bids high enough to break even.
Loaded Lion #1953 , the mountain climber, received a bid for $1.3 million. However, it was rejected by the owner who has increased the base price of the bids to $2 million.
Loaded Lion #1969 — dubbed The Mars astronaut wearing the
Owners of other items in the same collection seem to have drawn courage and have listed their lions for millions of dollars, with Lion #10000 asking for $100 million or more. However, it remains uncertain whether or not they will get their wish. Bids for most items in the collection have not exceeded $10,000 on average.
Moreover, there are NFT lions listed at relatively low prices not even receiving bids for the full $200 that the initial owner had paid for them.
The symbiotic relationship between cryptocurrencies and the NFTs they back
The trajectory of the Crypto.com (CRO) currency is even more interesting than the money minted for their owners by the Loaded Lion NFTs this week. Between July and November, the CRO’s value rose for various reasons, including the fact of a market-wide bull run seen by all cryptocurrencies.
However, the wider crypto market saw a dip from November 10 onward, which the CRO seems to have escaped. Come this week, CRO actually saw a substantial rise on November 23, the day when 10,000 Loaded Lions were launched.
Thanks so much for your patience today, we had overwhelming demand! Loaded Lions haveSOLD OUT Congratulations to all the lucky collectors.— Crypto.com NFT (@cryptocomnft) 1637691817000
Because their NFTs were created on the CRO chain, which runs on top of the Ethereum blockchain, buyers had to pay for them denominated in the CRO currency resulting in higher demand for the token . The three days after the launch, there has been a cumulative 15% drop in the exchange value of the cryptocurrency. Notably, the largest Indian cryptocurrency exchanges such as CoinSwitch, WazirX and ZebPay do not offer the CRO currency for trade yet.
What is non fungible token - everything you need to know about NFTs
Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million - the most expensive in Yacht Club collection so far
Crypto sports sponsorships are heating up with multi-million dollar deals
Popular on BI
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life