I've been a manager for 10 years - here are the 5 best ways to impress your boss
- Impressing your boss may feel like trying to hit a moving target, but there are steps you can take to get there no matter what your field.
- Author Nicole Rollender draws on her 10 years of experience as a manager in publishing houses for this list of the five best ways to impress your boss.
- From generating ideas to simply being responsive, here's how you can stand out from your colleagues.
Early in my career in publishing, when I worked as an editorial assistant, a staff writer, a special projects editor, and then a managing editor, I always tried to read my bosses. How can I impress her? How can I be sure I'll get a raise?
The tables turned 10 years ago when I took on an executive director role where I managed lots of people.
Here are five things I learned that you can do to really impress your boss and stand out from the rest of the team.
1. Keep track of everything you're working on.
2. Be responsive.
3. Work smarter, not harder.
4. Don’t share everything with your boss.
5. Be an idea person.
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4% in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6%
- Fiscal deficit at Jan-end touches 63.6% of full year target: Govt data
- Cabinet approves 3 semiconductor fab units, to generate 80,000 jobs
- RIL shares climb nearly 1% after announcing mega merger
- Key infra sectors' growth slows to 15-month low of 3.6% in January