J.Crew president Jenna Lyons shares the secret to impressing your boss
But what makes a good impression?
Jenna Lyons, president and executive creative director of J.Crew Group, Inc., tells Motto that she notices a few key traits in the people that impress her, like passion, high standards, and a level head.
She says she especially takes note when people share their opinions.
Even though it can be daunting, Lyons advises people not to be afraid to speak up.
"I find it impossible to understand where a person stands if they don't join the conversation," she says.
"Opinions aren't reserved for those in the corner office. Find your voice, and make sure to balance your input; you should be contributing roughly equal parts complimentary support of others with thoughtful, constructive criticism. And never be afraid to pitch an idea; we all have good ones, and we all have bad ones," Lyons says.
- Gold and silver jewellery to get a lot more expensive
- Indian tycoon Gautam Adani has abandoned a $2.5 billion fundraising effort in his latest setback following a short seller attack on his business empire
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Roman Polanski's 'The Palace' to make a surprise splash on the festival circuit
- BoB Q3 profit jumps 75% to ₹3,853 crore
- Adani Enterprises to be dropped from Dow Jones sustainability indices
- Coke Studio returns to India with 50 artistes, 10 new tracks
- OPPO Reno8 T 5G vs Nothing Phone (1): Spec comparison