Income tax filing deadline for FY21 extended to December 31
- The Indian government has extended the
income tax filingreturns by three months from September 30 to December 31.
- The deadline has been extended because of technical glitches on the new
income taxportal managed by Infosys.
- The new income tax e-filing portal was unveiled in June and has been facing continuous technical difficulties ever since.
AdvertisementDeadline to file income
The government has extended the deadline because of continuous technical glitches reported on the new income tax portal handled by Infosys.
This is the second time in this fiscal that the government has extended the deadline for filing ITR. Earlier, due to the second wave of the pandemic, the ITR filing deadline was extended by two months from July 31 to September 30.
Apparently, Infosys has been receiving a certain backlash for being unable to resolve the issues. Taxpayers have been complaining on social media about glitches with the new income tax e-filing portal for several weeks now. Due to the continuous technical difficulties, the Ministry of Finance had also summoned Infosys’ chief executive officer Salil Parekh to explain why these issues have not been resolved yet.
The Income Tax department had unveiled the new income tax e-filing portal in June this year as it sought to provide a “modern, seamless experience” to taxpayers.
SEE ALSO: Ford Motor to stop manufacturing cars in India; 4,000 employees may lose jobs
Amazon Vs Future Retail: Supreme court stays Delhi High Court's verdict enforcement
Popular on BI
- A new app ‘Lalo’ is helping people to remember loved ones who passed away
- Survey reveals 53% of Indians are seeing ads based on their last private phone conversation
- Now take the Ayodhya to Rameshwaram tour with an EMI paying option by IRCTC
- Tomatoes, brinjal and green vegetable prices soar and will keep going up due to rains
- Vodafone, Coal India, BPCL among stocks to watch out for on May 26
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Ambassador Electric Cars
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction