Kotak Mahindra MF launches silver ETFs to hedge against ongoing uncertainties
Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Companylaunches a silver ETF, which will invest in physical silver and silver related instruments.
- The fund house believes this is an opportunity to hedge against the ongoing economic uncertainties and geopolitical risks prevalent across several major global economies.
- Silver ETF is more suited to experienced investors who understand commodity cycles.
AdvertisementKotak Mahindra Asset Management Company on Thursday launched Kotak Silver ETF (exchange traded fund), which will invest in physical silver and silver related instruments.
The mutual fund product will provide investors with an opportunity to invest in this precious metal without physically holding it. The ETF’s price will be in line with the price movement of silver.
The fund house says this investment product will provide investors an opportunity to hedge against the ongoing economic uncertainties and geopolitical risks prevalent across several major global economies.
A silver ETF provides easy access to silver without actually physically holding it and also help in diversifying the investor portfolio. “Our Silver ETF launch is in line with our continued effort to provide easy and efficient access to various asset classes. It will provide convenient access to Silver as an asset which is not only a precious metal but also has many industrial uses. The consolidation in Silver prices since the start of the year provides a good opportunity for those looking to allocate some money to this asset for diversification,” said Nilesh Shah, group president and MD at Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Co.
As per the World Silver Survey 2022, post the pandemic, demand for silver has outstripped supply due to uptick in industrial activity and a surge in retail investor appetite for the metal. The metal has clocked 43% absolute returns in the 5-year period. However, the past performance may or may not be sustained in the future.
Silver prices are driven by its industrial consumption and supply side dynamics. The precious metal is a hedge against the traditional equity-debt portfolio, as silver has low-correlation with both asset classes. However, silver is a high-risk asset class and, therefore, it is more suited to investors who understand precious metals and commodity cycles.
The new fund offer (NFO) of the Silver ETF opens for subscription on November 21 and closes on December 5.
The units of the fund will be in the form of creation unit size or in multiples thereof. Each creation unit consists of 30,000 units of Kotak Silver ETF. Each unit is approximately equal to 1 gram of silver, said the mutual fund company.
SEE ALSO: Here’s a list of Indian and global companies that have fired their employees in the last 3 months
AdvertisementPaytm's lending and merchant businesses drive revenue growth in Q2 – low penetration offers headroom for growth say analysts
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- It’s not just Mercedes, even bank deposits are competing with equities
- A former Facebook exec says an employee at a 'large tech company' once complained to the CEO in an all-hands meeting about the quality of company toilet paper
- India will succeed in handling inflation better: Sitharaman
- India's GDP growth comes in at 6.3% in Q2: manufacturing, mining witness negative growth
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed by a whole 35.49 times on last day
- Sensex, Nifty50 rewrite all-time highs yet again – RIL, HDFC twins most active, ICICI Bank touches new 52-week high
- Bollywood films failing is a phase, our films will bounce back strongly: Kajol