How to download the new Annual Information Statement
income taxdepartment has unveiled a new Annual Information Statement( AIS).
- The AIS offers a comprehensive view of taxpayer information.
Taxpayerscan report discrepancies using the feedback option.
AdvertisementThe Income Tax Department has rolled out a new annual information statement (AIS) on its compliance portal which offers a comprehensive view of taxpayer information and provides an option to users to submit feedback.
The new AIS includes additional information related to dividend, interest, mutual fund transactions, securities transactions, foreign remittance and more.
“New AIS includes additional information relating to interest, dividend, securities and mutual fund transactions, foreign remittance etc. The reported information has been processed to remove duplicate information. Taxpayers may submit online feedback if info found to be incorrect,” the Income Tax Department said in a tweet.
The new AIS provides a simplified taxpayer information summary (TIS), showing the aggregated value to help the taxpayer in filing the income tax return (ITR).
If the taxpayer finds any discrepancy in the information captured in the AIS, they can submit online feedback. In addition to online feedback, the taxpayers can also use the AIS utility to submit feedback online.
If the user submits feedback, the derived information in the TIS will be automatically updated in real time.
How to download the Annual Information Statement (AIS)
- Log into the e-filing portal using your PAN or Aadhaar and your password.
- Go to the ‘Services’ section at the top and click on ‘Annual Information Statement (AIS)’.
- Then, click on ‘Proceed’.
- Now, click on the download button in the AIS tab.
- Select either the PDF or the JSON option and click on ‘Download’.
- Click on the PDF and enter the password.
- The password will be your PAN + your date of birth.
Income tax department updates Form 26AS, now includes mutual fund purchases, foreign remittances and more
Income tax filing deadline for FY21 extended to December 31
Popular on BI
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Microsoft adds 'AI-generated stories' to its Bing search
- Housing sales up 14% annually in Jan-Mar to 1.13 lakh units across top 7 cities: Anarock
- ISRO launches India's largest LVM3 rocket from Sriharikota
- RevFin targets financing 20 lakh electric vehicles in next 5 years
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder