Bihar Election Results 2020: Over one crore votes counted so far and the EC hopes to finish the counting process by tonight
- The Election Commission has counted over one crore votes so far in the 2020 Bihar General Assembly election.
- They hope to finish the polling process by tonight despite the added obstacles due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- On average, there are going to be 35 rounds of counting.
“The number of booths have gone up from 65,000 to 1.06 lakh,” said Election Commission Officer Chandrabhushan Kumar.
In order to decongest the counting halls, the number of tables per hall has also been reduced. It is now seven per hall rather than 17.
Meanwhile, the number of locations has increased to 55 in order to try and balance the scales. In 2015, the number of locations was only 35.
All other counting rules and regulations have remained the same, according to the Election Commission.
So far, over one crore votes have been counted. “We hope to finish the counting process by tonight,” it said during the press briefing today.
On average, there are going to be 35 rounds of counting. However, the actual number varies from location to location, depending on the number of polling booths that are present. The counting rounds can be low as 19 in the constituency or even go as high as 51.
“The counting process has been absolutely glitch-free so far all across Bihar,” said Chief Electoral Officer Ashish Kundra.
Bihar Election Results 2020: NDA continues to widen its lead over the Grand Alliance with 126 seats but faces narrow margins
Instagram down — user complaints of report frozen timelines and likes continue to increase
Popular on BI
- A boomer moved back to Virginia after living in Florida for a decade. She says she'll 'never own another home' in the Sunshine State and loves the slower pace of life.
- Satellite images reveal Egypt has been quietly building a 16-foot wall on its border with Gaza
- Congressman presses Elon Musk to provide SpaceX satellite services for US defense forces in Taiwan, report says
- Most Internet users avail of OTT services; 53% of them from rural areas: Report
- Companies to dole out 10% average salary hike this year, says survey
- Shadowfax secures $100 mn in Series E funding led by TPG NewQuest
- Byju's saga: Investors, edtech company battle it out at NCLT
- Market resilience prevails: Sensex-Nifty rally to close higher despite initial slump