Bihar Election Results 2020: Over one crore votes counted so far and the EC hopes to finish the counting process by tonight
- The Election Commission has counted over one crore votes so far in the 2020 Bihar General Assembly election.
- They hope to finish the polling process by tonight despite the added obstacles due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- On average, there are going to be 35 rounds of counting.
The Bihar election this year is different from regular polls due to the coronavirus pandemic. There was a 63% increase in polling booths due to COVID-19 to implement social distancing.
View all Offers
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | Extra INR 200 Amazon Pay Cashback | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
- 60% OFF
boAt Type C A325 Tangle-Free, Sturdy Type C Cable with 3A Rapid Charging & 480mbps Data Transmission(Black)₹ 199₹ 499Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU“The number of booths have gone up from 65,000 to 1.06 lakh,” said Election Commission Officer Chandrabhushan Kumar.
AdvertisementIn order to decongest the counting halls, the number of tables per hall has also been reduced. It is now seven per hall rather than 17.
Meanwhile, the number of locations has increased to 55 in order to try and balance the scales. In 2015, the number of locations was only 35.
All other counting rules and regulations have remained the same, according to the Election Commission.
So far, over one crore votes have been counted. “We hope to finish the counting process by tonight,” it said during the press briefing today.
On average, there are going to be 35 rounds of counting. However, the actual number varies from location to location, depending on the number of polling booths that are present. The counting rounds can be low as 19 in the constituency or even go as high as 51.
“The counting process has been absolutely glitch-free so far all across Bihar,” said Chief Electoral Officer Ashish Kundra.
Bihar Election Results 2020: NDA continues to widen its lead over the Grand Alliance with 126 seats but faces narrow margins
Instagram down — user complaints of report frozen timelines and likes continue to increase
- Canon’s new patent hints at a telephoto lens attachment for smartphones under development
- Kerala-based ESAF Small Finance Bank looks to raise ₹998 crore through IPO
- Meet BeachBot, a beach rover that uses AI to remove cigarette butts from beaches
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on health and household products
- Odisha’s temple town Puri becomes first Indian city with drinkable tap water available throughout the day