These 13 former TMC leaders got tickets from BJP – only four of them are leading
- A total of 34 Trinamool Congress leaders had left the party to join the rival Bharatiya Janata Party, but only 13 had got the ticket.
- This included incumbent Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s top aide Suvendu Adhikari, who decided to contest her from the Nandigram constituency.
- Trinamool Congress took a massive lead against BJP ensuring Mamata Banerjee’s return as the Chief Minister for a third consecutive term.
Ahead of the state assembly elections in West Bengal, as many as 34 Trinamool Congress leaders had left the party to join the rival Bharatiya Janata Party. This included incumbent Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s top aide Suvendu Adhikari, who decided to contest her from the Nandigram constituency.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 48% OFF
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 (Mystic Bronze, 8GB RAM, 256GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 44999₹ 86000Buy On
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)₹ 13999₹ 15999Buy On
Redmi 9A (Midnight Black, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-Core Helio G25 Processor₹ 6799₹ 8499Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi Note 10S (Shadow Black, 6GB RAM, 64GB Storage) - Super Amoled Display | 64 MP Quad Camera₹ 13999₹ 16999Buy On
- 18% OFF
OPPO A55 (Starry Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) with No Cost EMI/Additional Exchange Offers₹ 15490₹ 18990Buy On
Out of the 34 leaders, only 13 leaders had got tickets from BJP.
However, out of the 13 leaders who had moved away from TMC, only four have managed to secure a winning stance.
AdvertisementThis included the very interesting fight for Nandigram, which ended with Suvendu Adhikari taking a lead in the constituency against Mamata Banerjee.
|Nandigram||Suvendu Adhikari||BJP||Mamata Banerjee|
|Krishnanagar North||Mukul Roy||BJP||Koushani Mukherjee|
|Domjur||Kalyan Ghosh||TMC||Rajib Banerjee|
|Bally||Dr Rana Chatterjee||TMC||Baishali Dalmiya|
|Diamond Harbour||Pannalal Halder||TMC||Dipak Halder|
|Singur||Becharam Manna||TMC||Rabindranath Bhattacharya|
|Ranaghat Uttar Paschim||Paratha Sarathi Chatterjee||BJP||Sankar Singha|
|Jagatdal||Somnath Shyam||TMC||Arindam Bhattacharya|
|Natabari||Rabindra Nath Ghosh||TMC||Mihir Goswami|
|Manteswar||Chowdhury Siddiquillah||TMC||Saikat Panja|
|Kalna||Deboprasad Bag||TMC||Biswajit Kundu|
|Pandabeswar||Jitendra Tiwari||BJP||Narendranath Chakroborty|
|Durgapur Purba||Pradip Mazumdar||TMC||Col. Diptansu Chaudhury|
Trinamool Congress took a massive lead against BJP ensuring Mamata Banerjee her return as the Chief Minister for a third consecutive term.
There are 294 seats in the Bengal state assembly, the polling for which took place through eight phases between March 27 and April 29.
Trinamool Congress is winning Bengal and now Mamata Banerjee is reportedly back in the lead in Nandigram
MK Stalin and DMK are leading in Tamil Nadu Assembly with 172 seats after staying out of power for 10 straight years
West Bengal election results 2021: Trinamool Congress takes a comfortable lead against BJP as per EC trends
Popular on BI
- Best coffee and tea mugs for your office or home
- WHO may approve Bharat Biotech's Covaxin 'within 24 hours' for emergency use, according to media reports
- Axis Bank posts highest ever quarterly net profit that grew 86% on year
- Pitch your startup ideas at IIT Bombay’s business model competition Eureka! — Here’s how you can apply
- Fino Payments Bank will be the first fintech startup in India to get listed on the bourses and it is profitable