These 13 former TMC leaders got tickets from BJP – only four of them are leading
- A total of 34 Trinamool Congress leaders had left the party to join the rival Bharatiya Janata Party, but only 13 had got the ticket.
- This included incumbent Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s top aide Suvendu Adhikari, who decided to contest her from the Nandigram constituency.
- Trinamool Congress took a massive lead against BJP ensuring Mamata Banerjee’s return as the Chief Minister for a third consecutive term.
AdvertisementAhead of the state assembly elections in West Bengal, as many as 34 Trinamool Congress leaders had left the party to join the rival Bharatiya Janata Party. This included incumbent Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s top aide Suvendu Adhikari, who decided to contest her from the Nandigram constituency.
Out of the 34 leaders, only 13 leaders had got tickets from BJP.
However, out of the 13 leaders who had moved away from TMC, only four have managed to secure a winning stance.
This included the very interesting fight for Nandigram, which ended with Suvendu Adhikari taking a lead in the constituency against Mamata Banerjee.
|Nandigram||Suvendu Adhikari||BJP||Mamata Banerjee|
|Krishnanagar North||Mukul Roy||BJP||Koushani Mukherjee|
|Domjur||Kalyan Ghosh||TMC||Rajib Banerjee|
|Bally||Dr Rana Chatterjee||TMC||Baishali Dalmiya|
|Diamond Harbour||Pannalal Halder||TMC||Dipak Halder|
|Singur||Becharam Manna||TMC||Rabindranath Bhattacharya|
|Ranaghat Uttar Paschim||Paratha Sarathi Chatterjee||BJP||Sankar Singha|
|Jagatdal||Somnath Shyam||TMC||Arindam Bhattacharya|
|Natabari||Rabindra Nath Ghosh||TMC||Mihir Goswami|
|Manteswar||Chowdhury Siddiquillah||TMC||Saikat Panja|
|Kalna||Deboprasad Bag||TMC||Biswajit Kundu|
|Pandabeswar||Jitendra Tiwari||BJP||Narendranath Chakroborty|
|Durgapur Purba||Pradip Mazumdar||TMC||Col. Diptansu Chaudhury|
Trinamool Congress took a massive lead against BJP ensuring Mamata Banerjee her return as the Chief Minister for a third consecutive term.
There are 294 seats in the Bengal state assembly, the polling for which took place through eight phases between March 27 and April 29.
Trinamool Congress is winning Bengal and now Mamata Banerjee is reportedly back in the lead in Nandigram
MK Stalin and DMK are leading in Tamil Nadu Assembly with 172 seats after staying out of power for 10 straight years
West Bengal election results 2021: Trinamool Congress takes a comfortable lead against BJP as per EC trends
Popular on BI
- It would be a long firing season for startups — experts say 60,000 could lose their jobs
- Indices open positive in morning trade, Sensex up 164 points
- The iPhone 14 Pro may feature the long-awaited ‘Always on Display’
- Former CEO Jack Dorsey steps down from Twitter board
- Swiggy to foray into e-commerce with the launch of Minis — a marketplace for local stores
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Ambassador Electric Cars
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction