Maha crisis: Uddhav Thackeray government to face floor test tomorrow
A letter to the effect was issued to the Maharashtra Legislature Secretary by the Raj Bhavan late Tuesday -- soon after a delegation of the Opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) met the Governor and urged him for immediate directions to the MVA to prove its majority.
The Governor has convened a Special Session of the Maharashtra Assembly Thursday with a single point agenda of a trust vote against Chief Minister
"Thus I have issued a communication to the CM calling upon him to prove his majority on the floor of the House on 30.06.2022," said the Governor.
The proceedings shall begin at 11 a.m. and end at 5 p.m. Thursday, the proceedings shall be video-graphed and telecast live and adequate security shall be provided inside and outside the legislature.
Meanwhile, there are indications that the
Punjab Congress chief Sidhu quits with a one-line resignation
BJP UP has spent over ₹3 crore on Facebook ads last month, Congress spent ₹6 lakh
Popular on BI
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Elon Musk reportedly left OpenAI's board in 2018 after Sam Altman and other cofounders rejected his plan to run the company
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals and kitchen appliance maker Butterfly announce merger
- ICMR comes up with first ethical guidelines for application of AI in biomedical research, healthcare
- Measures taken by IIFCL to keep bad loans under check: Parliamentary panel
- Microsoft adds 'AI-generated stories' to its Bing search
- Housing sales up 14% annually in Jan-Mar to 1.13 lakh units across top 7 cities: Anarock