Raj Raghavan, Amazon India’s HR Head reveals 3 tips that every manager should keep in mind
It goes without saying that the Human Resources department is sacrosanct for any organisation to prosper. The reason being that the kind of people you bring on board make or break a organisation’s future.
This is where the
AdvertisementBut, it’s not as easy as it sounds. Many a times a lot goes wrong either in the hiring stage itself or late when it comes to retaining an employee. Most often than not, it is due to miscommunication either on the part of HR Managers or unhappy
But, a good
To give a better idea,
1. A good HR Manager has a point of view: Regardless of which side you are on, the only way you can best put it across is you have a point of view. There is no other way to earn people’s respect.
2. To be a good HR Manager, you should also be credible: Employees need a reason to trust what you say or follow your decisions. If you don’t have credibility, you have nothing. ‘
3. No one can be a good HR Manager unless they are curious or keep learning: This comes from personal experience. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve worked for or how much experience you have- the important thing to remember is that you never stop learning. Not in 5 years or 10. So, my advice would be to always be curious, eager to learn and humble.
Popular on BI
- Bharti Airtel, Tech Mahindra, Bajaj Finance and other top stocks to watch out for on October 26
- Best nail polish sets for women in India
- Best king size bed sheets for bedroom in India
- OPINION: The next four-letter word taking the world of finance by storm
- Best steel chair for living room in India