Delhi to have its own version of the Dubai shopping festival starting 2023
- Delhi is going to have a month-long shopping festival from next year onwards.
- The festival will last between January 28 to February 26 next year.
- Kejriwal noted that they are arranging cheap airfares for travellers as well.
This is akin to the month-long shopping festival organized in Dubai every year, which provides a boost to its tourism to this popular Middle East destination.
Kejriwal, in his speech, noted that this would be the biggest shopping festival India and will significantly help Delhi’s economy as well as create multiple job opportunities.
"This will be the biggest shopping festival in India. We are starting it now. I expect that in a few years, we will make it the biggest shopping festival in the world," he noted.
दिल्ली में रोज़गार, व्यापार और अर्थव्यवस्था को लेकर बड़ी ख़ुशख़बरी। साल 2023 की शुरुआत में दिल्ली करेगी मेज़बानी एक विश्वस्तरीय “Delhi Shopping Festival” की | Press Conference | LIVE https://t.co/VRi6MwFkaS— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) July 6, 2022
“There will be a special opening and closing ceremony and 200 concerts will be organized to entertain the visitors. Special food walks will be held that will see the participation of international restaurants and national restaurants since Delhi is known for its food," the 53-year-old said.
If you thought techies got the biggest hikes last year, think again...
Remember to tip your waiter, there is no more service charge on your bill
A company vows to turn our travels, weddings, and food carbon neutral! Bags a million dollars
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16
- Global smartwatch shipments up 9% in Q3, Fire-Boltt & Huawei hit new highs: Report