12 science-backed reasons you should spend more time outside
Many people spend their workdays indoors under fluorescent lights and in front of computers, then return home to bask in the glow of television screens.But spending too much time inside isn't good for us. And nature is beneficial - maybe essential - for human health. Psychologists and health researchers are finding more and more science-backed reasons we should spend time outside.
"I felt disoriented, overwhelmed, depressed," she writes. "My mind had trouble focusing. I couldn't finish thoughts. I couldn't make decisions and I wasn't keen to get out of bed."We don't all need to live in a place as stunning as Boulder - and most of us can't get live anywhere too remote for smartphones or internet access.
But we do need to spend time in natural environments. That could be beautiful hiking trails or even just a nice park. Here's why it's so important to do so.
- JP Morgan is doling out billions to fund the ‘Dirty Dozen’ Super League — the biggest disruption in the history of club football
- Domino’s India data breach allegedly exposes 1 million credit card details, 180 million order details
- Delhi’s one week curfew: checkout what is permitted and what is not
- TV ad volumes see a 3% drop during Jan-March 21 over previous quarter: TAM AdEx
- OPPO launches A54 smartphone in three variants in India starting at ₹13,490