These are the top 20 cleanest cities in India— Indore tops the list for fourth year in a row
- Indore is India’s cleanest city
- According to the latest Swacch Survekshan 2020, Surat is the second cleanest city in India followed by Navi Mumbai in Maharashtra.
- Indore has been winning the award for India’s cleanest cities for the last three years.
Indore is India’s cleanest city — for the fourth year in a row.
The government today announced the results of the annual Swach Survekshan 2020.
"I visited Indore a few years ago, along with a member of a Japanese delegation. When we reached the city, I saw a Japanese going to various places in Indore. I asked him ‘what are you doing?’ He said ‘I was trying to find filth, but couldn’t’. I don’t think there could be any bigger testimony to the achievement of the city.” Union Housing Minister Hardeep Singh Puri.
According to the latest Swacch Survekshan 2020, Surat is the second cleanest city in India followed by Navi Mumbai in Maharashtra. Indore has been winning the award for India’s cleanest cities for the last three years.
These are the top 20 cleanest cities in India with a population of more than a lakh
1.Indore, Madhya Pradesh
3.Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
6.Vijaywada, Andhra Pradesh
10. Khargone, Madhya Pradesh
11. Rajkot, Gujarat
12. Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
13. Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
14. Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
15. Gandhinagar, Gujarat
17. Dhule, Maharashtra
18. Rajnandgaon, Chhattisgarh
19. Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh
20. Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the results of Swacch Survekshan 2020. It was the fifth edition of the annual cleanliness survey conducted in the country. The results were delayed this year. As many as 1.87 crore citizens from 4242 cities participated in the cleanliness survey which lasted for 28 days.
Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State (I/C), MoHUA Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, MoHUA participated in the event along with various Mayors, State Mission Directors, Municipal Commissioners and other stakeholders in the area of urban sanitation and waste management.
Popular on BI
- TCS retains No 1 spot as India’s top brand but tech sector takes a hit
- Brewing capital: Third Wave Coffee raises Series C funding with participation from existing investors
- Asian Paints' non-executive director Ashwin Dani passes away
- Mapping Zealandia: Scientists chart the tectonic secrets of Earth’s sunken 8th continent
- World Heart Day: Nourish your heart with heart-healthy foods and practical tips