Baton Rouge's largest hospital has reportedly run out of hospital beds due to COVID-19 spike in Louisiana
- Baton Rouge's largest hospital has run out of hospital beds, according to its chief medical officer.
- Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards announced the state is returning to a mask mandate.
Our Lady of the Lake, Baton Rouge's largest hospital, has run out of hospital beds amid an increase in COVID-19 hospitalizations, according to the hospital's staff.
"There are no more beds left," Chief Medical Officer Katy O'Neal said at a press conference on Monday. At that same press conference, Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards announced the state would bring back its mask mandate and encouraged residents to get vaccinated.
Representatives from other hospitals in the state said they were having staffing shortages or dealing with COVID-19 outbreaks among staff.
"These are the darkest days of this pandemic. We are no longer giving adequate care to these patients," said O'Neal.
This story is developing. Please check back for updates.
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Indian government decides to pay ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk reveals 'challenges' with toilet during Inspiration4 mission, promises upgrades in future
- South Korea’s crypto regulations are tightening around investors and exchanges alike
- All that you need to know if you are travelling to the UK
- Indian financial system steadily maturing, as it moves away from banks, says RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das