FDA says it will 'rapidly work toward' authorizing Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine
- The US Food and Drug Administration announced Thursday that it "will rapidly work toward finalization and issuance of an emergency use authorization" of
- "The agency has also notified the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Operation Warp Speed, so they can execute their plans for timely vaccine distribution,"
FDACommissioner Dr. Steven Hahn said.
- The announcement comes after an FDA expert panel earlier on Thursday recommended that the vaccine be approved.
The US Food and Drug Administration announced Thursday that it "will rapidly work toward finalization and issuance of an emergency use authorization" of Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine.The
View all Offers
Dettol Original Germ Protection Bathing Soap bar, 125 gm, Buy 4 Get 1 Free₹ 220Buy On
Dettol Original Germ Protection Liquid Handwash Refill, 1500ml (Price Off)₹ 208Buy On
Mamaearth Onion Hair Fall Shampoo for Hair Growth & Hair Fall Control, with Onion Oil & Plant Keratin 250ml₹ 349Buy On
- 11% OFF
Parachute jumbo pack 100% pure coconut oil 600 ml (bottle )₹ 223₹ 250Buy On
- 29% OFF
Pampers All round Protection Pants, Large size baby diapers (LG) 64 Count, Anti Rash diapers, Lotion with Aloe Vera₹ 818₹ 1149Buy On
Having two authorized vaccines should allow tens of millions of Americans to get vaccinated in the coming months. Operation Warp Speed officials anticipate 20 million Americans will get a shot in December, 30 million more in January, and 50 million more in February.Read more: Meet the 19 key scientists, executives, and leaders responsible for pushing coronavirus vaccines across the finish line
Like Pfizer's vaccine, Moderna's injection excels at preventing COVID-19. A late-stage clinical trial of the shot enrolled more than 30,000 volunteers and determined that Moderna's shot was safe and 94% effective at preventing symptomatic disease.
A key advantage of Moderna's shot is that it's easier to ship and store. Unlike Pfizer and BioNTech's vaccine that needs to be stored at negative 94 degrees Fahrenheit, Moderna's is stable for a month with typical refrigeration.
Have a news tip? Email this reporter: email@example.com
- Mirabai Chanu becomes the first Indian weightlifter to win a silver medal at the Olympics
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals on gaming laptops, keyboards and more
- Brazil suspends Covaxin trials, weeks after graft allegations surfaced
- ICSE, ISC board results to be declared today — Here’s how to check online
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals on fitness trackers from Xiaomi, OnePlus and more