Juul has pulled its most popular flavor in a last-ditch effort to stop teens from vaping
An ad on Juul's website from 2016.
- Juul is halting sales of its mint vaping cartridges, the e-cigarette company's most popular flavor.
- The news comes on the heels of new research suggesting that mint and mango are the top flavors among high school students who Juul.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
On the heels of new research released this week suggesting that mint and mango are the most popular flavors among high school students who use Juuls, the e-cigarette giant has announced it will stop selling its mint-flavored refillable cartridges.
The mint-flavored options were Juul's best seller, accounting for roughly two-thirds of total Juul pod sales in February 2019, according to a wrongful termination lawsuit filed by a former Juul executive last week. The lawsuit said sales of the mint pods had doubled from the previous September.
In a press release emailed to Business Insider, Juul said it would immediately stop accepting orders for the mint-flavored pods from retail partners and stop selling them online as well.
According to the release, Juul's decision was based partially on new research released this week which found that mint and mango were the most popular flavors among high school students who use Juul's devices.
"These results are unacceptable," Juul Labs CEO KC Crosthwaite said in the release, adding, "that is why we must reset the vapor category in the US and earn the trust of society by working cooperatively with regulators, Attorneys General, public health officials, and other stakeholders to combat underage use."
Featured Digital Health Articles:
- Telehealth Industry: Benefits, Services & Examples
- Value-Based Care Model: Pay-for-Performance Healthcare
- Senior Care & Assisted Living Market Trends
- Smart Medical Devices: Wearable Tech in Healthcare
- AI in Healthcare
- Remote Patient Monitoring Industry: Devices & Market Trends
NOW WATCH: What's inside a lava lamp?
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India 2023
- Desk-bombing, monk mode & other emerging trends at the workplace
- Crypto exchange Binance temporarily suspends all spot trading
- Samsung unveils Galaxy F14 5G with 6000 mAh battery in India
- Haircut on cases resolved through IBC not very encouraging, says Kotak report