Medical workers in Wuhan reveal smiles behind their masks after the city closes its last temporary hospital that was panic-built to accommodate overflow coronavirus patients
- Medical workers in Wuhan, China, revealed smiles behind their masks to celebrate the closing of the last temporary hospital that was panic-built to accommodate the overflow of coronavirus patients in the city.
- The viral video, which has been viewed more than three million times, showed a number of workers with smiles on their faces.
- The city of Wuhan panic-built two hospitals in early February, both of which were done in a matter of weeks, to offer up more than 2,000 additional beds as the disease first began to take hold of the city.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Medical workers in Wuhan, China, removed their masks after the city closed the last temporary hospital, which was panic-built to accommodate the overflow patients from the coronavirus outbreak.The viral video, which has been viewed more than three million times, showed a number of workers with smiles on their faces. The number of new cases has declined in the city.
Experts believe the coronavirus outbreak likely began in Wuhan last December. China has grappled the longest with the disease and imposed unprecedented quarantines on tens of millions of people living in the country to contain the spread of the disease.Healthcare professionals worked tirelessly to fight the disease at the forefront, taking drastic measures to help thousands of patients, including shaving their heads and wearing diapers to cut down on the time they would need to tend to personal issues. Thousands of doctors even became infected with the disease themselves.
The Hubei province, which houses the outbreak's epicenter, only recently experienced its first few days without any additional cases as the country begins to recuperate from the coronavirus's impact.On a global scale, the coronavirus, which causes a disease known as COVID-19, has infected more than 145,000 people and killed over 5,400. Countries are beginning to impose strict measures to prevent the spread of the disease on their soil, including going under nationwide lockdowns.
Chinese medical workers who have been fighting the #coronavirus day and night in Wuhan celebrated the closing of the last temporary hospital in Wuhan.- redfish (@redfishstream) March 13, 2020
The reported #covid19 cases went from a surge in February of 15,000 in one day to only 15 this week. pic.twitter.com/xWuPd23EfY
- Farmer unions now announce plan to march towards Parliament on Budget day
- Pradhan Mantri Bal Puraskar to be awarded to 32 children on Republic Day
- Birla is making Asian Paints and Berger Paints change colours— and it’s bad news for those who got shares in Indigo IPO too
- Farmers to march towards Parliament from different locations on Budget day on February 1: Farmer leader Darshan Pal. PTI TRS GJS GJS TIR TIR
- Apple doubles its India market share this winter thanks to the launch of its online store and sales of iPhone 11, XR and 12