Medical workers in Wuhan reveal smiles behind their masks after the city closes its last temporary hospital that was panic-built to accommodate overflow coronavirus patients
- Medical workers in Wuhan, China, revealed smiles behind their masks to celebrate the closing of the last temporary hospital that was panic-built to accommodate the overflow of coronavirus patients in the city.
- The viral video, which has been viewed more than three million times, showed a number of workers with smiles on their faces.
- The city of Wuhan panic-built two hospitals in early February, both of which were done in a matter of weeks, to offer up more than 2,000 additional beds as the disease first began to take hold of the city.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Medical workers in Wuhan, China, removed their masks after the city closed the last temporary hospital, which was panic-built to accommodate the overflow patients from the coronavirus outbreak.
The viral video, which has been viewed more than three million times, showed a number of workers with smiles on their faces. The number of new cases has declined in the city.
The city of Wuhan panic-built two hospitals in early February, both of which were done in a matter of weeks, to offer up more than 2,000 additional beds as the disease first began to take hold of the city. As of Friday, there are nearly 81,000 cases in China, and the death toll surpassed 3,000 in the country.
Experts believe the coronavirus outbreak likely began in Wuhan last December. China has grappled the longest with the disease and imposed unprecedented quarantines on tens of millions of people living in the country to contain the spread of the disease.
Healthcare professionals worked tirelessly to fight the disease at the forefront, taking drastic measures to help thousands of patients, including shaving their heads and wearing diapers to cut down on the time they would need to tend to personal issues. Thousands of doctors even became infected with the disease themselves.
The Hubei province, which houses the outbreak's epicenter, only recently experienced its first few days without any additional cases as the country begins to recuperate from the coronavirus's impact.
On a global scale, the coronavirus, which causes a disease known as COVID-19, has infected more than 145,000 people and killed over 5,400. Countries are beginning to impose strict measures to prevent the spread of the disease on their soil, including going under nationwide lockdowns.
Chinese medical workers who have been fighting the #coronavirus day and night in Wuhan celebrated the closing of the last temporary hospital in Wuhan.- redfish (@redfishstream) March 13, 2020
The reported #covid19 cases went from a surge in February of 15,000 in one day to only 15 this week. pic.twitter.com/xWuPd23EfY
- Flair Writing IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
- Mini Ratna IREDA stock zooms on debut with over 60% listing gains
- COP28 set to kick off from Nov 30 — UAE hopeful for deal on renewable energy tripling, doubling energy efficiency
- Family Man Manoj Bajpayee bats for movie heroes who look like ‘the common man’
- Gandhar Oil IPO allotment – How to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more