This $200 AI toothbrush was the most fun I've ever had brushing my teeth
- Oral hygiene company Oral-B released a new electric toothbrush that uses AI to improve brushing.
- The toothbrush tracks brushing patterns to give specific feedback when users brush too hard, or miss certain areas.
- An accompanying app lets you set goals and track brushing habits over time.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Oral-B's new Genius X toothbrush with AI technology went on sale in October, and I got a test version to try out.
Artificial Intelligence has become available in more household items than ever, from washing machines to ovens to toilets, so a toothbrush isn't exactly unexpected. AI products are typically more expensive than their non-smart counterparts, and this is no exception. One of the best-selling and top-rated electric toothbrushes on the market sells for $40, while the Genius X goes for $220, or as much as $280 on Amazon.Oral-B isn't the first company with the idea to apply AI to brushing your teeth. Last year, Colgate released a $100 AI toothbrush, which sold at Apple stores.
Oral-B says the AI for its toothbrush has "learned from thousands of brushing styles" to direct users to improve brushing. It tracks areas in the mouth that weren't brushed enough, and areas with too much pressure, which it displays in an accompanying app.
Here are my thoughts and experiences using a $200, AI toothbrush:
Featured Digital Health Articles:
- Telehealth Industry: Benefits, Services & Examples
- Value-Based Care Model: Pay-for-Performance Healthcare
- Senior Care & Assisted Living Market Trends
- Smart Medical Devices: Wearable Tech in Healthcare
- AI in Healthcare