Videos show a green meteor lighting up the sky and waking people up with a sonic boom over Oklahoma
- Multiple videos show a large green meteor in Oklahoma skies early Friday morning.
- Some residents also reported a loud sonic boom shortly after seeing the meteor.
Videos shared on social media show a blazing green meteor flying across Oklahoma skies and waking residents up with a sonic boom early Friday morning.
According to 2 News Oklahoma, dozens of residents called in after seeing the meteor.
Fox 23 meteorologist Laura Mock shared a dashcam video taken at about 4:30 am local time in Fayetteville that showed the meteor burning bright green across the sky.
Fox 23 also shared multiple videos of the meteor, reporting that some residents felt their house shake.
—Laura Mock ⛈ (@LauraMockWX) January 20, 2023
KJRH Chief Meteorologist Mike Collier posted more videos on Twitter of the meteor, which includes a rumbling sonic boom from one home security camera.
—Mike Collier (@MikeCollierWX) January 20, 2023
The National Weather Service in Tulsa tweeted Friday morning that they'd gotten reports of the meteor and that a lightning detector spotted it over Wagoner county.
—NWS Tulsa (@NWStulsa) January 20, 2023
Meteors are small pieces of space dust or debris that strike the atmosphere and burn up, creating bright flashes of light as they are incinerated.
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip
- BMW launches its 3rd gen BMW X1 in India
- YouTube Music on the web gets mood filters
- Premium segment contributed 35% of overall smartphone market revenue in 2022
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India