Elon Musk says that SpaceX is going to 'put a literal Dogecoin on the literal moon'
- Elon Musk tweeted Thursday morning that SpaceX is going to put a dogecoin "on the literal moon."
- Musk regularly tweets memes about both the cryptocurrency and its namesake Shibu Inu.
- His company is planning its first civilian space flight to the moon in 2023.
View all Offers
Redmi Note 10T 5G (Mint Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | Dual5G | 90Hz Adaptive Refresh Rate | MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm Processor₹ 14499₹ 18999Buy On
Samsung Galaxy M51 (Electric Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage) 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime₹ 19999₹ 28999Buy On
- 11% OFF
iQOO 7 Legend 5G (Legendary Track Design, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) | 3GB Extended RAM | Upto 12 Months No Cost EMI | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement | Extra Rs.3000 Off on Exchange₹ 39990₹ 44990Buy On
- 17% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M21 2021 Edition (Arctic Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | FHD+ sAMOLED | 6 Months Free Screen Replacement for Prime (SM-M215GLBDINS)₹ 11999₹ 14499Buy On
Redmi 9A (Midnight Black, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-Core Helio G25 Processor₹ 6799₹ 8499Buy On
SpaceX CEO Elon Musk tweeted on Thursday that the aerospace company plans to put "a literal Dogecoin on the literal moon."
-Elon Musk (@elonmusk) April 1, 2021
He frequently tweets memes starring Shibu Inus, the "doge" dog breed that gives the cryptocurrency its icon and name. He has also said that he plans to buy a Shibu Inu.
Read more: Elon Musk is pumping stocks, cryptocurrencies, and the energy of 49 million loyal followers to dizzying heights. Experts break down the risks of his incessant tweets, from legal trouble to losses for small investors.
This isn't the first time Musk has alluded to putting the currency on the moon. In late February, he tweeted a meme of a Shibu Inu in a spacesuit on the moon holding a dogecoin flag.
-Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 24, 2021
The phrase "to the moon" is used by traders when they expect stock pricing to surge.
It was used during the GameStop saga in January, when Redditors said they would pump several so-called meme stocks "to the moon."
Cryptocurrency site Cointelegraph reported that, of the 12 people who have walked on the moon, none brought any currency with them.
Musk's tweet didn't specify whether he wanted to bring a physical dogecoin coin to the moon, which are sold as memorabilia but do not function as currency.
SpaceX is planning the first commercial, civilian flight round the moon in 2023, with passengers picked by Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa.
- Nykaa IPO will open today — here is how to apply via bank and apps like Zerodha, Paytm Money
- A CryptoPunk NFT bought for $74 resurfaced after four years and just sold for $2 million
- Best DIY wallpapers to revamp your house
- India's largest car maker loses nearly two thirds of its profit to chip shortage
- New Range Rover: Check out expected price in India, features and other details