ISRO’s Solar Mission launch on Sept 2 – Here is how you can register to watch it from Sriharikota
- ISRO is all set to launch the
Aditya-L1 missionfrom Sriharikotato study the sun.
- The country’s first space-based solar mission will be launched on September 2 at 11:50 am.
- Here’s how you can register to watch the launch from Sriharikota.
AdvertisementThe Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), which recently made history by becoming the first country to land on the south pole of the moon is gearing up to launch its next big mission on September 2.
ISRO will launch the Aditya-L1, the country’s first space-based solar mission on September 2 from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh. The space-based observatory to study the Sun will be launched on a Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) on September 2 at 11:50 am.
What is the Aditya-L1 mission?
The Aditya-L1 mission is a space-based observatory developed to study the sun. It will be placed in a halo orbit around the Lagrange point 1 (L1). At this point, the Aditya-L1 will also provide an uninterrupted view of the Sun for its five-year mission.
The mission will study the sun’s atmosphere and will analyse the sun’s particles and fields to study how its dynamics affect the interplanetary medium.
How to watch the Aditya-L1 launch from Sriharikota
If you are interested in watching the launch of the Aditya-L1 mission, you can visit Sriharikota to watch it for free. If you are an enthusiast, we recommend you clear your calendar and fuel your vehicle.
ISRO allows people to watch the launch from the Launch View Gallery at Sriharikota. To register for the launch, follow the below steps –
- The registrations for visitors for the event will begin from 12 noon on August 29.
- Interested people can go to the ISRO website here to register.
- Click on the register button and provide the required information.
- You will receive the required details on your email address.
Do note that the nearest railway station is Sullurpeta, which is 18 kms away from Sriharikota.
Aeroflex Industries IPO allotment – how to check allotment, GMP, listing date and more
Honor to re-enter the Indian market with the Honor 90 in September
Have unclaimed bank deposits? Here’s how to find it using UDGAM portal
Popular on BI
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip