Here’s what space explorations in the very distant future could look like
NASAhas shared a video imagining future space explorations.
- These space vacations make it possible for us to easily explore planets like Venus, Saturn and even
- It also imagines people living on Mars and watching rockets lift off from the planet.
AdvertisementWe might have all imagined what space explorations could look like. NASA has put those imaginations into a video and the vision is straight out of a sci-fi movie. NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center shared a video that features space explorations to different celestial bodies like Venus, mars, exoplanets, and more. The video was inspired by a travel poster series "Visions of the Future" created by NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
These are exotic vacations to outer space booked through the fictional Exoplanet Travel Bureau. In the very distant future you could be watching a rocket lift off in the distance from your home on Mars. The Exoplanet Travel Bureau could even let you float among the clouds of Venus while you’re safe inside an observatory. The video also envisions people inside a spacecraft approaching Enceladus, the sixth-largest moon of Saturn, and watching the moon’s geysers as they erupt.
Possibly the most fascinating exploration of all is a space kayaker paddling in the oceans of Titan, Saturn’s biggest moon with the planet filling in the background. Similarly, a skydiver falls toward exoplanet HD HD 40307 g. That’s another fascinating site to see.
Space tourists are also imagined standing on the surface of exoplanet Kepler-16b which has two suns. Another exoplanet to explore is 55 Cancri e and for this you would be observing its lava surface while inside a clear bubble supported by floating balloons. Space explorations could also reach us to exoplanet GJ 367 d, a world that could potentially contain liquid water.
NASA’s vision to explore distant planets and unknown ones is very futuristic and unrealistic for now. But the possibilities are endless and if the future looks anything like this then future generations are in for a ride.
China's new hypersonic missile demonstrated an advanced space capability that caught US intelligence by surprise, report says
Virgin Galactic shares plummet after company says it will delay commercial spaceflights until Q4 2022
Popular on BI
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- US economy expands 2.9 per cent in December quarter
- Air India's progress has been 'nothing short of stunning': CEO Campbell Wilson
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open on a positive note amid positive global cues: Adani Enterprises, Tata Motors, Bajaj Finance among stocks in focus
- 86-year-old removes ‘retirement’ from his dictionary to become a startup founder
- Two Indian-born mathematicians US, Canada get Padma awards