North Korea hits back at the UNSC for calling its space programs threatening
While addressing a plenary session of the
"Until now even after 75 years of the founding of the UN, the Security Council does not extricate itself from the stigma of an undemocratic organ devoid of impartiality," Kim said, according to the statement posted on the North Korean foreign ministry's website.
The envoy slammed the UN agency for condemning its outer space program as threats to international peace, saying the "practice of double standards and unfairness should no longer be tolerated".
"As is well known, illegal armed invasions and air strikes against sovereign states resulting in civilian killings are left unquestioned, whereas the righteous self-defensive measures for safeguarding sovereignty and even the exploration of outer space for peaceful purposes are labelled and condemned as threats to international peace," he said.
Mumbai’s massive power cut last month may have been the work of hackers
Vodafone Idea soars nearly 5% on fund infusion from Indus Towers stake sale
PUBG Mobile India was rumoured to launch today — but there is no official update from the company
Popular on BI
- Microsoft Teams for the web gets a bunch of new features including Hindi captions and transcripts
- Byju's says Aakash acquisition on track after reports that it has failed to pay up
- 11,000 and counting — that’s how bad startup job losses are after Ola, WhiteHat Jr & 22 others cut costs
- South Indians crack the most office jokes in India, says survey
- After groceries in 10 minutes, most Indians want their shoes delivered in 2 hours