EXCLUSIVE: Dailyhunt founders confirm IPL 2020 associate sponsorship — promise new release for Josh ahead of India’s biggest cricket tournament
- Dailyhunt founders Umang Bedi and Virendra Gupta confirm that they have signed on for an associate sponsorship with Star Sports for the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 set to kick off this Saturday.
- As India’s largest cricketing tournament kicks off, Dailyhunt’s new short video-app Josh will also get a new release on Android and iOS.
- “There’s a lot of work that we’re doing brands around the IPL, so there’s a lot of ad momentum,” Bedi told Business Insider in an exclusive interview.
AdvertisementIndia’s homegrown news app Dailyhunt has confirmed that it has signed on as an associate sponsor with Star Sports for the massive cricketing tournament, the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 after reports have been floating in the market for over a week.
“The way we’re looking at IPL is an opportunity for engaging Bharat,” Dailyhunt co-founder Umang Bedi told Business Insider in an exclusive interview. Star Sports is the official broadcaster of the
Bedi, along with his partner-in-crime, Virendra Gupta, are also eyeing the IPL to boost Josh, Dailyhunt’s sister short video-streaming app launched around 50 days ago.
According to Gupta, they have been launching three new features a day at the back-end, and a new release is happening every week. “For IPL, Josh will have a new release both on iOS and Android,” he said.
While the company’s short video-streaming Josh is the new kid on the block, equal attention will be given to Dailyhunt as well.
“You will see us advertising some pretty fun and wacky concepts. There’s a lot of work that we’re doing with brands around the IPL, so there’s a lot of ad momentum. You will also see a lot of creator engagement around the IPL, both from our in-house creators and influencers,” said Bedi.
The partnership works because of their stronghold in the world of local languages. Star Sports started broadcasting the cricket tournament in 8 different languages last year. And Dailyhunt is one of the largest local-language platforms in the country with 14 regional languages running through its artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) tech stack and recommendation engine.
Other associate sponsors for the IPL 2020 include Unacademy, Paytm, Coca Cola India, Polycab, Asian Paints, ITC and Kamala Pasand with Dream 11 as the title sponsor.
EXCLUSIVE: Muthoot Finance says this year's growth is likely to exceed guidance
First 'intact' planet found circling a dead star — this Jupiter-sized anomaly is in orbit rather than being pulled apart at the seams
HCL Tech enters the list of top 10 most valued companies in India
India will take necessary steps against China — 'We will not back down,' asserts Rajnath Singh
Popular on BI
- Kashmir to Switzerland and more – India’s 10 most searched travel destinations in 2023
- Five common symptoms of Stomach Cancer
- Consumer confidence stays stable in RBI survey across 19 major cities
- Covid virus can persist in lungs for up to two years: Study
- SC upholds abrogation of Article 370, calls for polls by September next year